Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Frank Procaccino of Alexandria, Virginia

Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
NameDr. Frank Procaccino
Address4660 Kenmore Ave, Suite 200
 Alexandria, Virginia, 22304
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
PhoneUnknown
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
01-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
chicas1230

Dr. Procaccino is a very kind and understanding doctor, he truly cares about his patients . Dr. Procaccino has been my doctor for 13 years and i could not be happier. He takes time to listen to me and hear what i am saying, he takes his time to make sure you completely understand everything. If you live in the area and are looking for an awesome gastrologist, Dr Procaccino is an A+ doctor.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility
06-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Bec215

I "inherited" Dr. Procaccino in 2008 when his partner retired a few years ago, and I adore him! He is a gentle soul with a very calm demeanor, and never rushes in in a whirlwind and always takes the time you need to talk.

Yes, that can mean his appointments back up - but no one complains once they're in the treatment room and YOU are the one benefitting from his dedicated attention!

I've been extremely pleased with my quality of care. I have incorporated probiotics and supplements into my regimine, but also acupuncture and massage therapy - the acupunucture helps IMMENSELY when I'm having a flare with fatigue and low-level pain that's not enough for pain meds, but interferes with daily life.

He is not an extremist - he will not drive you to a single solution, and will be open to discussing options you've researched. He's a bit of a geek himself (in a good way), and I find he enjoys discussing the various theories and research studies if you're interested.

I am an avid traveler, and he has never told me "don't travel" - he always works with me to find a way to minimize and mitigate risk when doing so, which is hugely important to me.

Most of all, he's not judgemental... After years of religiously taking my meds, for reasons to long to explain here I went 4 months without taking them, and had to go back to him because I had a flare. I said "I have a confession..." and he smiled and said "dear, I'm not a priest... there's no need to confess" LOL... I explained the situation, and he didn't bat an eye - he just worked with me to get back on track. I was immensely grateful, and it made me unafraid to be totally honest with him about my situation.

Cannot speak more highly of this wonderful doctor, or his wonderful, caring front office staff - especially Sherry!

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Frank Procaccino of Alexandria, Virginia