• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update

Hi All,
So I had my colonoscopy today. It wasnt as bad as last time. My own consultant came up and did it this time. He sais that the reason I had so much pain last time was because I had 2 kinks in my colon. He got me to turn on my back and it was bearable.
Anyway, he had a really good look around and said my colitis is starting to clear up, probably due to the cocktail of meds I have had all doing a little bit of good before I reacted to them.
He looked in my small bowel and said that also looked ok. He has still done biopsies just to make sure.
Not sure where we go from here as I am still in pain and most of what I eat goes through me.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have another appointment to see my consultant or one of the team on 30th December.
Sharon xxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Glad you finally got it done. There really isnt much to comment on until you get the biopsy report. I am sure you are healing well. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Pen,
Am feeling ok, just really tired.
The consultant said he doesnt know what to do with me either.
Just feel all up in the air!!
xxxxx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Sharon,

I'm glad the colonoscopy went well. Which cocktail of meds are you on at present? And has the doctor tested your stuff like vitamin D, vitamin B12, folate, etc?

All my best to you :)

Hi David,
Not on any meds now since allergic to Aza, 6MP & Infliximab/Remicade. My consultant has not tested my bloods for any of the mentioned as far as I am aware. I will ask him to do so when I see him next though.
Sharon xxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Wow you dont have much to help you out with treatment. I am the same. I can tolerate cipro and flagyl tho. But twisting and narrowing nothing helps. Has he mentioned surgery? I know that dreaded word...

Lol Pen. He has mentioned that dreaded word on more than 1 occasion since September.
I know there has been improvement but we know that that is due to the amount of meds that have been put into my system and that I have then reacted to. But I am worried about what happens when they wear off.
I suppose we just need to see what the biopsy results are to see if I do have Crohns as well as UC or not.
Cant stand all this waiting. I know I will be thinking of it all through Christmas and wont really relax until I get in the room to get the results.
I am wondering whether he will suggest taking out my colon regardless of my biopsy results. Or if he will say see how you go.
ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry-banghead:
Going around in circles trying to guess what he will say. Driving myself nuts!!
Just want to know what the plan of attack is NOW
Sorry lol