• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Successful ileostomy reversals?

Hello everyone. New here. Just had surgery for a perforated intestine - needed a temporary bag. They say they removed all the crohn's infected sections of the intestine and I should be able to reconnect in a couple months no problem.

Has anyone had a successful reconnection? I hear so many horror stories about the disease coming back and needing to have a perm bag put in place eventually. I wish we knew more about how to prevent this disease - since I'm "disease free" at the moment it sure would be nice to stay that way ... even for a few years so that i could have kids and enjoy life for a little while longer without the bag (only 27).

Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks,
Juls

butt-eze

Superstar
Hmmm...if you speak to some of us they might agree that you are "disease free" but I would say that you're in remission. Maybe that's what you were trying to say??? Anyways, it is possible that you can have a few good years without a flare. I suggest that if you want kids that you try to have them while you are in remission. This means you can have kids while you still have the bag. I know you don't want that permanentely but if it happens then it is still possible to have kids.
Good luck!