• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lost

I'm 31 and was diagnosed with UC about Oct. of 2009. I have had many flare ups but nothing like the one I'm having now! I just recently went and got a second opinion on Dec. 6 and have to wait 7-14 days for the biopsy results. I'm in soooo much pain it's unbelievable. I feel lost, out of control and the worst part is I cant take care of my kids or go to work because I'm laying in bed all day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :(

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. It really sucks. I hope you get some answers and some good medical care soon. Try to remember this isn't your fault, it's so hard to not feel guilty when we can't meet our responsibilities but it really isn't your fault. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope you get some relief soon.

I'm sorry your not feeling well, the best advice I can give you is to stay as positive as you can (trust me I know it's hard!) but I'm sure you'll get answers soon. I hope you feel better!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Niki and welcome! I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell. Besides the biopsy results, did you GI give you any update on the status of your colon? What is your current treatment plan for your UC?

I certainly hope you'll get your biopsy results sooner than later, and you and your GI can discuss a plan of action. Until then, just allow yourself to rest. If you push yourself, you may only make things worse, which won't do you or your family any good. Try your best to relax and not to tax yourself. Hang in there!

David

Co-Founder
Hi Niki and welcome.

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain right now, you poor thing. Can you give your specific symptoms and are you on any medications at present?

I wish you well!

*hugs*

Okay I have a diagnosis!! He he almost positive it is Ulcerative Colitis due to the other symptoms that I was having. I was admitted to hospital Wed. afternoon and will hopefully be going home tomorrow :) I'm currently on 60mg of pred. once I get discharged he is thinking of Imuran??I know I spelled it wrong. Any thoughts or concerns with this drug?? Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes and comforting words!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Niki. Great you got a diagnosis. 60mg is pretty high and it should work until you get on Imuran. I have been on and off it but reacted to it. Others have been on it and have done amazing. It suppresses your immune system whilst you are tapering off prednisone so your body doesnt keep fighting itself. Hope you are getting relief and get to go home soon. :hang: