Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Large lump on neck (under chin)

12-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
KayleighMeek
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Large lump on neck (under chin)

Hello everyone,

I did put this in another post as well as this as I went to see a dr about it on friday and said the large lump on my neck could possibly be a thyroglobulass cyst. I am currently on methotrexate and prednisolone and have been doing a bit of research and found one of the side effects of methotrexate to be lumps appearing and to contact a dr immediatley. I am now slightly worried that it is becuase of my methotrexate and I have to take my next dose tomorrow. Any one else have any strange lumps appear on their neck or any where else whilst on methotrexate? I have left a message on the GI answer machine I just hope they can get back to me tomorrow which i very much doubt.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated I cant stop thinking about it.

Thanks
Kayleigh
12-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
Nyx

My Support Groups:
I don't have experience with that myself, but a friend of mine did. He had a huge cyst under his chin and had to have it surgically removed; it was the size of a baseball by the time they got to it. I'm not sure what meds he was on, but he has very bad arthritis and they often use the same drugs as we do for Crohn's. I'm sure this wasn't helpful, but get it checked out and get it taken care of right away. Good luck to you!

Crohn's Diagnosis: May 2006
Current meds: none
Surgeries: Colostomy, December 2009

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson, The Bucket List

Oscar is awesome! Loving my life with my stoma (with a hint of poo)!!

12-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
KayleighMeek
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thank you for replying hearing anything back is helpful puts my mind at ease.
I am still waiting for a call from the GI office I don't think I will get one today I think it will be tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty rubbish today achey joints, sore throat and my ears are sore. I would have thought if it was an infection like the GP said the antibiotics should be doing something by now but I will carry on taking them and hope for the best.
I hate having to wait especially as I have been told if I come of methotrexate I will need to have surgery.. So makes me want to know whats going to happen next lol.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Large lump on neck (under chin)