• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's 25 years ago and have had 4 small bowel resections with my ilialsecal valve and terminal ileum removed. I have been on Humira, Flagyl, Prednisone and Cipro all to no avail. Recently they started me on Remicade and I have allergic reactions to it when my throat closes up and I can't breath so they had to stop it. I am in pain everyday of my life and I am living off of Ensure just to get by. I am my wits end and was just wondering if anybody had some advice or support to offer. Thanks for any and all support.

P.S. Are they any support groups near Tampa FL??

Thanks Troy

Jessi

Hi tdrumm and welcome. I'm sorry about your current condition and your reaction to Remicade. Has your doc mentioned Cimzia? Hang in there. There are other options. What about some of the Asa meds? Are you on a specific diet?

Jessi

Sure thing.

I haven't been on anything other than Remicade, Asacol HD, and prednisone (so far), so I can't offer any tidbits on the other drugs. I thought this Cimzia subforum link could be helpful to you. http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87 It's another biologic like Humira or Remicade.

I hope you find something that works for you. :)

Thanks, this forum seems like a breath of fresh air. I seem lost right now and I'm tired of living in pain everyday. People at my work just don't understand the pain and anguish I live with daily!!

Jessi

I hear ya, Troy. People will never really understand unless they have the disease or are caring for someone with it. This forum is the best place I've found that gives me that sense of not being alone with a painful, embarrassing illness.

Also, we do have a few people from Florida who are very friendly. Someone should show up sooner or later. I hope you find a good group to meet in person. I have a great IBD Support Group and am ever so thankful for it. I found the members of my group here on this forum. Good luck. :)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Troy :bigwave: I too have all the drugs that either react or don't work. We dont have cimzia in Canada, so no choice there. The only thing that works for me is Flagyl or cipro. We are all different and you want to avoid surgery as much as possible. The more you have the faster it can come back. Do you take any vitamins? Vitamin D is important. Hope you find relief soon. Great community here, always someone to help you with questions.