Share Facebook

12-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Small red bumps ??

Hi everyone.

These last 2 weeks i have noticed i have some red spots on my skin. They are about 3-4mm in diameter , red but not itchy in general. I currently have 2 on my lower left leg and 2 on my stomach. Never had anything like them before. As they dont really itch did not think it sounded like the other red spots mentioned in previous posts. I suffer with Pompholyx eczema which i've had for around 6 years now so i do suffer with skin complaints. Im also asthmatic and suffer with hayfever and dust allergy (dr say's im just one of those people - lucky me lol) Im not due to see my GI for another 2 weeks and don't really want to bother him with this as there not painful or itchy , just curious and a little worried as they haven't gone yet.
Any ideas ???
Thanks

Methotrexate 20mg per week
Omeprazole 40mg per day
Ferrous sulphate 3 x tablet per day
Folic Acid 1 per day (5 days a week)
Ranitidine
(trammadol & Paraccetamol for painrelief

Diagnosed Nov 2010 - Crohns Colitis
(bowel problems since 16yrs) 29 Yrs old now
So far tried Asacol,Aza,6mp,Remicade
12-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
mickey

sometimes, in the winter, you can get these. I do not know if it is a med reaction or eczema. I found coconut oil on the dry skin, in winter, will fade these or stop them. hope it helps! Very inexpensive way to cure it!
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
ctrl z
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It could be a cherry angioma. They are fairly common and usually don't cause people problems.
12-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
And they've gone was just worried it may have be a crohns thing , Thanks
12-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Pipergirl

It can be a crohns thing so i would still tell your GI. i had a big bump on my lower leg, some around my knees and one on my arm. they were just a red spot/bump thing that wasnt itchy but after a while they were sort of sore. this was before my diagnosis but my GI said they were my immune system acting outward i guess. he said it was like the sores inside but my immune system was showing it outward. (hopefully that makes sense) i also got cold sores. i would mention it to your doctor even if they went away because it could be something

01-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
Switalski

My Support Groups:
Joleen 23,
I had red (rapberry colored) spots on my legs before I was diagnosed and started Prednisone. Once on Prednisone, they cleared up and have not returned. I also had a great deal of pain in my legs. My understanding is that the spots were an outward manifestation of the Crohn's. The red blood cells had actually been destroyed, which caused the spots. Make sure to take pictures to show your doctor.
01-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Im due to see him soon (In about 2 weeks) so will mention them then, thanks