• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bile dumping

Hello I am a newbie...I was desperate to find information on bile dumping and it a appears I am in the right place ...I just wanted to pop in and say hello I am exhausted from the holidays and I what to share more you .....so if any one wants to read feel free I have stepped my little we toe into the grave...maybe it was to see what it would be like or maybe ....it was to SEE!:)...I have had CD for over 20 years 2 re-bowels and near death from the drugs they gave me for it...I have to say I really feel we should change the name of this disease as I am very vain and crohns does not cut it for me...hmmm how about CACHE? ya know cause its much more glamourous AND I bet we could use any bathroom we wanted..."OH excuse me but I have CACHE so do let me by"....until next time...love and hope and any light switch we can find...AWITD∞

Hello newb, your comedic renditions are welcome here anytime! I like renaming it mybuttishurting, or iamgonna shitonyouif youdon'tlet megonext. Sorry, just couldn't resist. The dark side can surely come up with much better ones!

rygon

Welcome to the forum, Ive never had bile dumping but it sounds awful

Hope you had a good holiday, where did you go?

Terriernut

I know Gastric dumping...world record holder at the L&D hospital...7.5 minutes from mouth to bag, they promised me a trophy but I never got it! The cheapskates! See if they EVER do another barium with follow through on ME!

Whats bile dumping??? Is it the same thing?? Your humour will fit right in with us nutters by the way!

Hello newb, your comedic renditions are welcome here anytime! I like renaming it mybuttishurting, or iamgonna shitonyouif youdon'tlet megonext. Sorry, just couldn't resist. The dark side can surely come up with much better ones!
LOL!!! fabulous!!! I am really getting desperate!!!! I really think we should OCCUPY CD! yup and then we can all stand back and notice that WOW!!! there are no bathrooms in this tent ...OH shit!!! time for Occupy the RITZ....oh how do I :sign0085: you and others I am lost on this sight.....

I know Gastric dumping...world record holder at the L&D hospital...7.5 minutes from mouth to bag, they promised me a trophy but I never got it! The cheapskates! See if they EVER do another barium with follow through on ME!

Whats bile dumping??? Is it the same thing?? Your humour will fit right in with us nutters by the way!
Thank you and lets storm that Hospital cause ya know how these experts say we can be our own advocate?? ...WELLL then I think they owe you that trophey:heart:

Welcome to the forum, Ive never had bile dumping but it sounds awful

Hope you had a good holiday, where did you go?
This IS really a glamourous disease!!!! so since I am in the middle of the worst dumping episode! I went no- where and fast LOL! I am chilling out and meditating and well watching films and I live the most Bella place Big sur etc.... I have beauty all around...
I also have a blog called...you guessed! A Walk In The Dark on blogspot...I am writing a book ...on you guessed it ....ME LOL!!! so I will try to put one up this week...how has you holiday been....

DUH!!! I wrote to you each under each reply OK where is the cosmo!!! that sounds great if I drank or smoked or drugged do you see where I am going with this???? anyone? I often wonder if I would be dead by now if it wouldn't for the fact that I am so vain......so here is a little about me....
About Me
Liane was born in Los Angeles. Her family immigrated from Russia, running from the Bolsheviks, finally coming to rest in the Hollywood Hills of California. Sometime between Aunt Edna opening her famous pastrami stand in Santa Monica and her Grandmother Ann's celebrated family market, the "Shermart" in West Hollywood, Liane was born.

Raised in the Hollywood tradition, as a child, Liane's playground was the back lot of Universal Studios and A&M Records. Weaned on the Tijuana Brass and Emma Peel, Liane tried to wrap herself in her Mother's black chiffon scarf in an attempt to walk like Mortisha, but found that Moose and Squirrel came easier.

Fade to black.........

Jessi

:welcome: Liane! You are a riot. :D
Very glad you're joining us here.
And I'm so sorry that you, like the rest of this lot, have been diagnosed with Cache Disease.
(Note: Cash doesn't always get you a good place in the bathroom line. Tried it a few times.)

LOL!!! thank you for the welcome tottie paper! hey who here has to buy new underwear ...well.... often or is it just me that has to.....

ok here is my list yikes!

Diagnosed in 1985ish with fistula & CD
tore Achilles due to Leviquin and one week later in emergency re-sect for disintegrating bowel 2007
2 bowel re-sect 1988 and 2007
gallbladder removed 2006
massive staff infection 2006
both eyes get new lens due to cataracts due to prednisone 2006
CHF due to Remicade 2003 now sticky left V valve
Massive infection with 3 golf ball size abbesses on outer wall of colon 2009 due to Humira yippy! then death at door due to loss of potassium due to 3 antibiotics during the Humira debacle! then it was off to get my Achilles replaced and rebuilt due to the Leviquin debacle!........
I eat right
I juice
oh do I mention all the drugs I have been on ...
in therapy ...LOL! of course!
oh and wnat to move to Italy!:)

Terriernut

Of COURSE you're in therapy...and who wouldnt be after that list! Although I thought everyone in california was in therapy? Kidders! The ones who really NEED it arent!

I do hope you have good health insurance with that list. You've been through it! Dont move to Italy just yet darling, it's a mess right now. Besides, it's not all that great. Grant you the food is amazing though! However, being married to one(divorced now)...well, I'm just saying....

With that many surgeries, would they throw in a free trip to the spa?? Dont we wish!

LOL!!! ahahahahahahaha!!! ya think? I am divorced or in process right now...I thought since I was an art Director all those years I would love Florence or Sienna? where was your favorite place to be when you went? oh and can you say medicare??? oh yeah baby!
can i ask you a personal? I am for the first time freaked out about CD and men hahaha I have this blog? and one of the subjects is "An Idiots guide to CD" I find the more I know the more I want a hot boy from Italy!!! Ciao I need to poop yeah thats romantic!!!! could you see now? me in Audrey H. espadrilles and fab skirt..and Desperate for a toilet? ahahahahhahhaha!!! .........no but really have you had that voice in your head ya know the one?

Terriernut

Well, the last time in Italy, I found a nice public toilet....it was a hole in the ground, nuff said!

As for men, forget it til you are well!! Stressful enough going thru a divorce...take your time and take care of YOU.

I don't know anything about bile dumping, but I like the idea about calling this a new, more elegant name. If I say 'ulcerative colitis' most people think I'm just a fussy eater with a penchant for fancy latin words. CACHE is a little feminine though (like cachet), maybe there can be two versions, with the men calling it something like GOLD (GastrOintestinal Lesion Disease). Or maybe Hole in One for the golfers out there (not that golf and IBD go well together..).

@IC Red...solid GOLD baby!!!!! I think we should rise up and revolt...I mean really??? the Docs name was Crohn???? yes I say we use different names because its our %*^(&))*__%^%#^%$&^!!!!!! diseases last time i looked.....oh and RE: CACHE we can just pretend we have a new language and there is a feminine and a masculine....come on we know its because your fussy........xo

Your doc is named Crohn? That is too cruel.

I agree, let's take back our disease. Tuberculosis was glamorous (re: doc holiday), cholera, plague. Why not IBD?

About Me....

* Site Admin Edit - This post merged into this thread as it didn't receive replies elsewhere.

Part one
About Me
Liane was born in Los Angeles. Her family immigrated from Russia, running from the Bolsheviks, finally coming to rest in the Hollywood Hills of California. Sometime between Aunt Edna opening her famous pastrami stand in Santa Monica and her Grandmother Ann's celebrated family market, the "Shermart" in West Hollywood, Liane was born.

Raised in the Hollywood tradition, as a child, Liane's playground was the back lot of Universal Studios and A&M Records. Weaned on the Tijuana Brass and Emma Peel, Liane tried to wrap herself in her Mother's black chiffon scarf in an attempt to walk like Mortisha, but found that Moose and Squirrel came easier.

Fade to black.........
part2
Diagnosed in 1985ish with fistula & CD first re-sect in 1988 leap year so that was fun....noooo leaping however.
tore Achilles due to Leviquin and one week later in emergency re-sect for disintegrating bowel 2007
2 bowel re-sect 1988 and 2007
gallbladder removed 2006
massive staff infection 2006
both eyes get new lens due to cataracts due to prednisone 2006
CHF due to Remicade 2003 now sticky left V valve
Massive infection with 3 golf ball size abbesses on outer wall of colon 2009 due to Humira yippy! then death at door due to loss of potassium due to 3 antibiotics during the Humira debacle! then it was off to get my Achilles replaced and rebuilt due to the Leviquin debacle!........
I eat right
I juice
oh do I mention all the drugs I have been on ...
in therapy ...LOL! of course!
oh and wnat to move to Italy!
Part 3
I have a wonderful blog entitled " The Day Ed Hardy Died" it is about what we go through in hospitals etc...I think you might relate..it is not belaboring and please enjoy.....oh its in the April archives:)

http://www.awalkinthedarkbylianelangford.blogspot.com

I hope to make new friends and learn everything I can because isn't it true? thats why we are here??? of course not on the toilet.....all day long... .....whose with me??!!!!

just go to the upper right hand side to archive or you can just google the title and Viola!

.....yes?

why cant you have chocolates.....what else gets you and I will share mine too....

on another note who has issues with, well everything my biggest was....HAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! WTH I guess it would be prednisone for starters I didnt know how great I could look with a bolwing ball face!....I am too vain for this disease:heart:

Chocolate

1st your face is fine lass, not moonish at all (on the internet I speak only with a scottish accent and call everyone lass or lad).

2cnd. Chocolate contains cocoa, which by itself is probably fine but tastes a bit beany. The reason it tastes good is that it is fermented on site by whatever fungi and bacteria happen to land on it. These microbes generate carbohydrate (aka- complex sugars) structures that are recognized by the immune system. Apparently my immune system really takes a harsh view on these carbs and wants to annihilate them.

3rd. Based on the above, you can guess my hypothesis.... Yes, you got it, its fungi. Not the harmless bread yeast, but the more complex types you find everywhere else, and in a lot of foods: wine, beer, and other brews, yeast extract, 'natural flavors', balsamic vinegar, and most unfortunately, chocolate.

LOL oh that was years ago...I have many tales as well as scars and thank you for the compliment...what the hell are you doing in MASS>? I love it there and lived there for about a year while my friends went to music school...are you from across the pond?
I get it I have problems with weird stuff but yup , chocolate and cream...lava cake my fav! you know the drill....I don't drink , never did don't like the taste...but after all I am re- thinking the drink thing....oooooo balsalmic V...love it!!!!! sugar is a no-no for sure...

Ah music school. I worked near there and saw all the girls in tight black outfits with their cellos and such (I'm an afficianado of certain types of art).

Lava cake, yes the cake filled with molten chocolate. I only figured out in the past three years that chocolate was disallowed. Good thing I did not find this forum earlier or I'd have missed many years of chocolate. Now I get it, I can not eat anything good.

Not sure what this chat has to do with the hole in the gut issue, but it is fun.

I think we need to explore all the possibilities ...chocolate is simple..but when I think of all the things I used to be able to do ....WOW!!! dont dance anymore(my daughter took it up) achilles my right toe does not bend anymore transplant, LOL!!! OMG! no celery..jeeeze! no ice cream man!!! the list is endless and yet I am thrilled to be alive.......I always thought the universe gave the wrong person CD!!! Art Dealer @ 120+ a year to overnight nada...oh my !!!! what was your favorite thing? I am out of commission now although I did accept the invitation to be the agent for an artist this year, and i did put together a couple of exhibitions...and writing...so there a strange specters from the past that become gifts with this disease what about you guys???
:ybatty:

Still working, often to my docs amazement as I've worked through some really bad flares in the past. I've managed to say 'no' to a lot of the meaner IBD drugs so far, and no surgery so I feel lucky after reading your war stories. I was on levaquin for a bit and noticed some tendon issues so I stopped taking it and stopped exercising for a while so as not to snap anything (that drug needs to be banned). The effects wore off in about two months and I can do heavy lifting now.

Glad to see that you are getting some work prospects back (in this economy its tough even without a debilitating illness). Clear writing is always in demand and can be done anywhere.

Terriernut

One year ago today I was released from hospital. I managed a glass of wine regardles of Dr's orders. Having been the xmas turkey on the 22nd of Dec 2010, I was actually lucky to walk out alive at all.

I dont like to think of things I cant do anymore. I like to think of things I plan on doing again. For instance, thanks to Stan, I can go places and not have to rush to a bathroom, or have an embarrasing accident anymore. Stan is temporary, so I dread the very same op for reversal. So...rather than dread it, I decided they can by god give me a tummy tuck at the same time!! Result!!

I will be starting the SCD diet in January (i frekkin hate diets..but this is for gut health) and I resolve to not be grumpy. Because this may be my ticket to health. Now...not drinking, smoking, or having champers (champagne) is going to be one hell of cut back. Never mind no coffee for a bit.

So, lets try to 'always look on the bright side of life' and maybe, just maybe, 2012 may bring us more things to see us through. Including, but not limited to....chocolate!!!!! And of course, better health to enjoy the things we loooove to do!

I think we need to explore all the possibilities ...and writing...so there a strange specters from the past that become gifts with this disease what about you guys???
:ybatty:
Here is something I enjoyed:

"Love kills slowly, especially if you're wearing Ed Hardy T-shirts, scarves, hats, rain boots, glasses, the kind you drink from, Good God Man!!!! Just get the tattoo!!! Well, I for one, am relieved knowing I can fulfill all my Ed Hardy needs at Marshalls."

I can only imagine how one wears a drinking glass.

One year ago today I was released from hospital. I managed a glass of wine regardles of Dr's orders. Having been the xmas turkey on the 22nd of Dec 2010, I was actually lucky to walk out alive at all.
I think we've all been the turkey at one time or another (1). In any case lass I see many happy days in your future, stay strong (2).

1) see T.S. Eliot for details, And this is where I put those partial anesthesia memories.
2) If you ever feel weak, it will still be ok. Fear is a survival skill.

@ IC red: thank you so much for reading am I right or what.......
this was one of my favorites, I am afraid my son in law to be was a designer for ED jeeze!!! he went to Pairs to work and when he got home he was laid off...well yeah!!!! I mean its at Marshalls!!!!

a sad day my friend a sad day!!! what did you think of the Nursing home I was stuck in.....:voodoo::voodoo:

@ IC red: thank you so much for reading am I right or what.......
this was one of my favorites, I am afraid my son in law to be was a designer for ED jeeze!!! he went to Pairs to work and when he got home he was laid off...well yeah!!!! I mean its at Marshalls!!!!

a sad day my friend a sad day!!! what did you think of the Nursing home I was stuck in.....:voodoo::voodoo:
You are too young and fiery to be in a nursing home. Especially the yellow room (I would have put you in the black room and made it more challenging. Yes.). I think your many italian fans liked how you went from fact to fantasy with a seemless transition.

I think at this point you and I have a scandalous private chat that your fans can only guess about....

I may sell the story later, but for now, it will be our secret.