Share Facebook

12-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
Pita

No access to LDN

I've been really wanting to try LDN but having a very hard time getting it. I have been on/off experimenting with natural remedies with a naturopath and have had long periods of remission. However lately I haven't been feeling as well and I think I need something stronger. Last time I started taking imuran though, I basically was sick with cold/flu/strep throat all winter and slowly went downhill until the sicknesses and my Crohns got really bad and I ended up losing a ton of weight and being put on Pred. I'm really hoping I can avoid going down that route if possible - I know sticking to a very strict diet can make me much much better but it is somewhat unrealistic in university.

My GP at home is unwilling to prescribe and I haven't been able to find anyone in the Vancouver/BC area who does. I'm going back to university in less than a week in New Brunswick but don't have a GP or GI there and it is very difficult to get to the doctors office -$80 cab each way (plus missing classes/labs) because buses go very rarely. I also don't know of anyone near New Brunswick that would be willing to prescribe. However I just feel like LDN could be something good for me and I want to give it a try. Ideas?
12-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
LittleChloe

My Support Groups:
Hi Pita, Here's a couple things to try. Dr John Sullivan 717-697-5050. Dr. Ardis Fisch 413-822-2096. Dr. Jeffrey Dach 954-983-1443. Dr. Steven Ayre 630-321-9010. These are all doctors that will prescribe LDN and will do phone consultations. You can also contact Skips Pharmacy in Florida at 561-218-0111. They compound LDN and may have some additional information about doctors that will prescribe it. Also go to www.ldners.org for even more information. I reallly wish this were easier to get. Our GI reluctantly let us have it but I know others reallly struggle to find it and it has helped so many people. Best wishes to you!
12-31-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
Pita

Thank you Chloe! As far as those doctors go, do I just phone them up and then have to pay right away? I've never done a phone consultation so I don't really know what the process is.
12-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
LittleChloe

My Support Groups:
Honestly I don't know. I got the names and numbers for you out of a book called "The Promise of Low Dose Naltrexone". I thought I migh need them myself but our GI let us have ldn. I would just call and fine out. There is also another thread on here by Eric about finding docs for ldn in Canada. I don't know how to post a link to it but I'm sure if you do a search it will come up. Let me know how it goes for you.

Last edited by LittleChloe; 12-31-2011 at 09:34 AM.
01-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
mnsun

Try contacting the person who runs this site, not sure if she has any Vancouver docs listed or not: http://www.freewebs.com/crystalangel6267/index.htm

Good luck!
01-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
mnsun

Try these:
http://www.webspawner.com/users/howt...ldn/index.html