• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How many times do you eat during the day?

How many times a day do you eat

• 0-1 times

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2-3 times

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 4-5 times

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 6-7 times

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 8+ times

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm just curious about how many times you guys eat during the day?
I'm talking all these medications and I'm trying to eat as much as I can to make sure I don't get sick for not eating. And I've noticed that when I haven't eaten for a while, I start getting the stomach bug symptoms (which now I know they are Crohn's symptoms).

I eat 4 times a day: breakfast, lunch, a proper meal (sometimes) or a light afternoon snack, and dinner. And I also try to have at least one fruit with every meal.

I am in the middle of a possibly having crohns. I try to eat right. Days I don't work I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a few snacks in between. I find some foods make me worse like whole grains, fruits and popcorn so I really have to watch what I eat. My job is very demanding so days I work i'm lucky to eat three times a day. I do notice my bowels get grumpy if my stomach has been empty for too long.

ekay03

My dog has hands!
I drink coffee w/ lots of milk and a little vanilla creamer in the morning. for lunch I usually have some crackers and cheese or a half of a ham & cheese sandwich. I usually get abdominal pain at this time, so I take a pain pill and about 8pm a will eat a small dinner. So the answer is 2 times. I eat twice a day. Oh and I usually have a few cookies after my lunch. I feel my best in the morning, before I eat anything. In fact, I would prefer not to eat at all. Of course I cant do that. If I just dont eat at all, I start to feel weak and get hunger pangs. So really I am damned if I do and damned if I dont.

I have a good breakfast everyday which can consist of porridge with skimmed milk or boiled eggs, toast and cheese or toast with peanut butter and honey. My main meal is lunch which always includes protein (chicken usually) with rice and veg which I never eat. I have to force myself to eat something after work which tends to be a sandwich and at night I may snack on a few biscuits. Not exactly the best diet!!!

Angrybird

I don't do breakfast and will have something like a sandwich for lunch, this fills me up until dinner, sometimes I have a little supper at around 8pm whether this be a piece of toast or some choccie. Over the last year I have found my portion size has gone down a lot with my dinner which I am pleased about - I put a lot of weight on with the last course of steroids so am paranoid a bit about weight gain as I am on them again at the mo. My nurse at the GP once said it is always good to go to bed feeling a little peckish, I think if you go to bed on a full stomach then you are not doing anything to use up the fat/energy from what you have eaten. I do find if I go too long without eating I will get stitch like pains all across by stomach, in a way I am glad I am not the only one as I was beginning to think it was just me being a piggy and not actually down to the crohns.

Jessi

I'm just like Staphanie. I can eat almost anything I want, but it has to be done everything 3 hours. I think it's best to not let my tummy be empty for too long. Mine are usually smaller meals, though.

Sadly I only eat 1 meal a day (dinner when i get off work about 7pm) and have been that way for 7-8 years or so now. On my days off and when I've got no plans I eat like a pig but sadly those days are few and far between.

tlc-x

Undiagnosed Teenager
Breakfast is a massive must unless I want to lay on the sofa in pain all day trying to sleep but failing.

Lunch is tricky because some days I am fine to have lunch whilst other days I won't even think about food.

Dinner, depending on whether I had lunch or not. If I didn't have lunch, then i'm too poorly to have dinner, so will eat a few crackers. If I eat lunch i'm usually okay to have dinner although sometimes I can have lunch and not eat dinner.

If i'm having a 'good' day midst the flare up, then I eat cereal or something in the evening otherwise it's a long night of pain and discomfort.

I need to keep my stomach fairly full - If it's empty I seem to feel weird. I get a throbbing pain in my tummy, and if it's empty, then it hurts more whereas if I have something in me, it eases it off.

I eat usually 2 meals a day. But I'm a snaker, mening i eat little things all day long.

When I am sick I usually skip all the meals and only take ensure.

I eat small meals. Usually 5. Can't eat a regular size portion of food but if I let my stomach get too empty I feel awful. I don't really have an appetite but I try to eat anyway

I only eat like once a day and it's usually like a bagel or muffin because I am not on any medications or I should say my doctors won't treat me since all tests were normal. Everytime I eat I get horrendous abdominal cramps and diarrhea that has blood and mucus in it. My doctors won't do anything for me.

hawkeye

Staff member
Uaually 3 times a day (Breakfast lunch and supper with a mid morning and afternoon snack at work - usually yogurt or fruit - been trying to cut out mid-morning muffins / baked goods). On the weekends it's usually just breakfast and supper with a couple of snacks in between

I eat constantly all day.

For breakfast I usually have tea and toast, but I empty my jpouch before I leave for work and so usually eat a banana on way to work then have my sandwiches around 10.30am?!

By lunchtime I find myself eating the rest of my lunch-bag of cereal, fruit bar, apple and satsuma. By 4pm ish I'm craving yet another sandwich, then around 7pm I have my dinner.

God knows how how much I spend on food, but at least I'm 'trying' to eat healthy foods?!

KWalker

I'm exactly like Froggie. I can eat whatever I want, but lately my problem is I just can't find the time. For quite awhile now I've been having a coffee for breakfast and then I won't eat again until dinner. I don't have time to eat it seems like, and I know its probably not healthy. Even growing up I've never been one to eat breakfast because I grew up not drinking milk so I didn't usually eat cereal, so I'm pretty used to not eating often.

I went on a weight gain diet a little while ago now where I averaged 4000 calories a day and at first I would get sick because I wasn't used to all the extra food. It doesn't seem to bother me not eating now, and I'm still maintaining my weight so that's good. Of course if i see a chocolate bar, chips, or a snack I'll grab it but its very rare for me to sit down and eat a meal other than dinner.

I eat lunch 6 out of 7days, sometimes a chocolate bare in the late afternoon but that's about it. I never feel hungry to be honest so thats kinda handy sometimes. but I guess my answer in 1 time XD

I usually eat tiny meals all day. Toast & carrot juice for breakfast, yogurt for snack, half sandwich for lunch with banana, peanut butter crackers for afternoon snack, & chicken or fish for dinner usually with rice or a vegetable. I avoid foods that make me hurt or feel sicker like beef.