Share Facebook

05-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #31
coachvee

That's some story Jed, I'm genuinely sorry you had to go through that, so much bleeding - sometimes it makes you wonder if you actually HAVE that much blood in your system!
I definitely feel I am on the 'milder' side of the scale, I haven't experienced anything like that so I'm not going to say that I understand - but I really feel for you - and I feel for your fiancee, I know how it is to have someone you care about suffering from crohn's that much (my grandmother has very bad crohn's in her lower bowel so she has had to be in hospital for it quite a bit, ever since I was very little)

As some others have said in this thread, it's good that you are well enough to be here and telling your story. Keep us posted...
05-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #32
jed

pennywanna said:
Jed, I know you are thinking am I ever gonna get better??? That answer is yes, you are and when you do you will be so grateful. It may take some time, but you will soon. You will be able to laugh again, because you must, your mental state of mind really does control your body. And yes, my husband says, there is always someone out there worse, with all the things going on right now in the world. But dont take that on, look after yourself, be selfish, because I made the mistake of putting it on the back burner and looked after everyone else. Sooner you do that the better you feel. Watch funny shows, it does help. Just hang in there a little longer. Keep on with your journey and let us know how you are doing.

Penny

hullo again Penny

i've read thru this post of yours quite a few times now, and i think you may have interperated something i've written in a way that makes me look sad and depressed (please correct me if i'm wrong)

i'm actually quite the opposite, my family, friends and work mates all cant believe how happy a person i am, and how 90% of the time i have such a bright outlook on life.

i look at it as though i've been dealt a bad set of cards in the game of life, but that doesnt meant i cant still have fun playing the game and i think i've almost been having more fun since i was diagnosed with this.

lol, some of the saddest thoughts i have these days are for people that are completely healthy that mope around all day complaining about life.

ha! they tell you all their worries, then you reply with what you've been thru! he he, watch their faces drop!

and, if i'm ever feeling to sad, theen theres always cuteoverload.com!
xx

05-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #33

i am so in love with that site now jed... aww awwww!!

05-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #34
jed

yep, and once you think the cutest this you've ever seen..... BAM! something cuter comes along!
02-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #35
kello82

jed i just found this at the bottom of your sig and read it for the first time ever.

i feel speechless, honestly, you are such a positive energy on this forum and you have put smiles on countless peoples faces im sure. you have done so for me many times. and to now know where youve come from, you really inspire.

this is absolutely beautiful. we all have touching histories, but the ability to put it into words like you did is just amazing. really. this thread just as it is would be a book that would affect many people i think.

youre awesome jed big hugs
02-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #36
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

Hi Jed. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find your stay here enjoyable.
02-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #37
jed

glad i bring a smile to you kello the hugs are always returned

and thanks burp, looky, i made it to 1400 posts already
(lol, you did have to get me back for that one)

Current meds - Methotrexate, the rest werent doing anything.
Current state - hopeing poop softener, honey and cinnamon tea make me poop like a crohnie again..

my story - http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3093
02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #38
jed

hey time

i just wanted to share my story and it just kept growning i like to ramble on sometimes ^WoW^

do you have crohns to?
01-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #39
Cyndee

After reading Jeds expierence, my life with Crohn's is a vacation! I was diag. in my 20's and am now 54. 2 surgeries..and the removal of 2 ft. of small intestine.. that was 1995 -Blockage in 05' and "knock on wood" so far, so good.. no meds and just have a new best friend "the bathroom" I eat, and I go... yet, I fight to keep weight off!! Go figure. Thank you all for sharing your life stories and keep them coming. Crohn's isn't something ppl talk about~ yet, we live it each day of our lives..
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #40
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Hi Cyndee welcome. Jed did have a rough time but he hasnt been around for a bit... I too have had 2 surgeries and making an appt tomorrow with my Gi for a 3rd. I have exhausted everything, all meds, natural stuff, acupuncture, massage therapy, you name it I've done it. I am doing good with getting weight off, still have lots more to go but makes surgery go alot better if you are not overweight!

Glad you joined us, hope you keep us updated!!
01-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #41
lancelot

Jed, you're amazing, you're experience definately makes me feel like mine is a walk in the park. Thank you for the inspiration

Cyndee...do you find that if you eat fatty foods/oils (omega, etc.) that you notice some fats/oils in the bowl afterwards?

Prednisone works (only used during flare-ups)
5-ASA does not
First go at Imuran didn't work

No Anti-TNF treatments tried yet (will try remicade after surgery: removing small portion of ileum, and dark mass believed to have infectious tissue in it): Surgery booked for April 2010!
01-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #42
Tan

My god you are an inspiration to us all... a total amazing aussie... glad to be one as well!

Hope you are still doing well.
01-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #43
Sue-2009

Jed--I just read your thread. Amazing!! I'm so sorry to read that you had been through so much...Where are you now with your Crohns? Sue
01-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #44
jed

Goooood morning all!!!!!!!!!!

He he, this olí thing getting brought up again huh?? (thanks MBH, she always keeps me up to date

Thanks for the nice words, and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing really well these days, had a pretty bad relapse over the xmas and new years period, but I really donít have anyone to blame for that but myself what am I expected to do when turkey, chicken, ham, beer, lollies, beer and more turkey keeps piling itself onto my plate?????? He he, EAT ON!!!!!!!! DRINK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH I HAD MORE PRED TO COPE WITH IT AT THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oopsie, naughty Jed

But all back to normal again now, high does of steroids are awesome

Just got back to work today, so trying to catch up with everything here, but after that Iím gonna make some time to come back and start reading thru all the new peoples stories, and catching up with old friends.

Be well.
01-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #45
katiesue1506

I'm glad you are feeling better Jeddie.

Oh and you mentioned beer twice
01-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #46
misscris

Always good to see you Jed. Glad you're doing better.

W.C.C.....Charter member