• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Budesonide not working

Diagnosed with crohn's last October. Currently on 3rd month of Budesonide doesn't appear to be working. Friday night was the worst ever. Watery poo and brown snake like vomit only way to describe it was like Mr Whippy ice cream only brown. Should i have gone to hospital. Lost 18 pounds in weight. Gained at least 8 by drinking plenty of fluids. Get serious back pain when i don't eat. Any ideas.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear that things are not going at all well for you right now :( If you feel bad enough get down to A&E tonight, if you think you can wait get onto your GI doc/GP first thing in the morning but do not let up until they see you or start the ball rolling with a new med. If the Budesonide was working you wouldn't be like this, it has had plenty of time to kick in. Please keep us updated when you can.

Jessi

Hi Dianne. Welcome to the family.

Did your doctor give you anything else besides the Budesonide?

As Angrybird suggested, you should bug your GI until you get the proper treatment. Your health is important, especially when it's this bad.

It's good that you were able to put some weight back on, though. What kind of liquids are you on? Maybe you'd like to read up on Enteral Nutrition for some ideas.

Keep us updated on your health and treatment. I hope to see you around more. :hug:

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am so sorry to hear Budesonide isn't cutting it. After 3 months, I think you should have seen an improvement. What other medications are you taking if any?

As my friends above said, be sure to reach out to your GI and stress the fact that you need an adjustment to your treatment plan.

I hope you start to feel better soon!