Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Owowowpaaiinnnn x(

01-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Angela

owowowpaaiinnnn x(

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *bashes head against a wall*
*gasp*
what do you do to lessen the pain?!?!?!?! I can't take it anymore! It's like I'm being stabbed from the inside out, no wait, I feel the urge to grab a knife and just gut myself, because for some reason I feel like that would bring relief akjfkowejafdf gaaaaawefdkjsjfaoiwejfsd.

What do you do? Take tylenol? Is it safe to take tylenol with all the meds we're on? Does tylenol even help? How do you know when to take it. Sometimes the pain lasts a few minutes and it just comes and goes, other times it lasts for hours... I don't know what to do. Every time I get an attack of pain I can't move, I don't even breathe or blink :'(

I just don't know what to do... I mean, isn't there something we can do for immediate pain relief? Are we supposed to just tough it out? Also, I don't want to pop pain meds on a daily basis O.o but...
oooowwwwwowowowowooowwwyyyyyy
Enterogermina
Mesalazine
Duspatalin
Omeprazole
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Rebecca85

Tylenol is usually fine, but if you haven't taken it before I would check with a doctor or pharmacist to be on the safe side. I take it as soon as pain is severe enough to interfere with my activities, as it can be more effective than waiting until the pain is unbearable.

Things I find helpful are heat (hot bath, heat pad, hot water bottle) and relaxing the tummy muscles- lying on my left hand side with my knees drawn up and a gentle massaging motion seems to be best, failing that reclining with my feet up.

My pain is pretty much linked to what and when I eat. I need to eat fairly small amounts frequently, and I kept a food diary to highlight problem foods. It was really useful, so might be worth considering if you haven't already.

Of course if the pain persists and nothing you do seems to make it better, maybe it's time for medical help! And if you get pain frequently, maybe you need more treatment.

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
If you are in that kind of pain...I would get myself to the A&E. You should'nt have to deal with that, and you could have a big problem, like an obstruction.
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
seaofdreams

My Support Groups:
I agree with Misty. A bit of pain can be "normal" for a Crohnie but it sounds like you're experiencing pain that's a bit more serious. It's better to be on the safe side and have it checked out.

"Never feel guilty for being sick and try to stop comparing yourself and your life to others. You're doing the best you can under the circumstances you have and you're doing great."

Diagnosed with Crohn's in August 2009
Medication: 20mg Methotrexate injection weekly
Supplements: Folic Acid|Vitamin D|B12|Iron Complex|Magnesium Complex|Calcium|
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Angela

Hmm went to the doctor today, she said that after the blood results get back she'll let me know what steps she's going to take. She wants to start weening me off the medipred. I asked her about the pain, she told me not to take pain medications, but that after the blood results she'll let me know what to do. Guess I have to stick it out :/ No pain today though... so far

Thanks for the advice Rebecca, a heating pad and massage does help ease it to some extent
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
chrisnsteph1022

My Support Groups:
I get that same kind of pain. The kind that comes in waves and takes my breath away and I can't move. It lasts for a couple minutes, then goes away. It happens several times a day. I just grit my teeth and hang on until it passes. The other kind of pain is the constant low-level pain. For that, I use a heating pad and if it gets bad enough, take oxycodone.
Moderate/severe flare through entire colon 12/2010-10/2012
Lialda, omeprazole, Remicade, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Questran
Been on Asacol, prednisone, Apriso, Imuran, Entocort and Cimzia
FB support group
01-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
~Manders~

My Support Groups:
I've been there Angela...and it sucks!
When you explained wanting to gut yourself I kinda of chuckled because I know that feeling all too well! The abdomenal spasms I experience never usually last that long...like 30s to 1min, but they can come as frequently as every 2-3mins! And if I'm walking it literally stops me in my tracks. I've never taken anything for it, but have always wondered if there was anything I could do besides pain meds.

Diagnosed at 24 in December 2004.

My Story...
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=30351

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Owowowpaaiinnnn x(