• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Forum

I am new to the site so I just wanted to introduce and share some of my experiences. I am 57 and was diagnosed with Crohns in 2005. Since then, I have experienced so many complications with this that I have been labeled as a steroid dependent patient. I hate steroids!!!!
I have experienced the follow:iritis-gout-sores/ulcers in mouth (unbearable)-abscesses in various places-back pain-and the common abdominal pain. I have tried just about any and all medications. I was on Cimzia for a year which seemed to slow things down.
Has anyone experienced any of the above?
I also recently established DeQuervains which is a form of arthuritis. I have to get cortizone shots for this from time to time.

Terriernut

Errgh! Steriod dependent isnt good. What other meds besides Cimzia have they tried you on young man? (57 is young!!!)

Welcome to our forum...Great folks here, they've been through the ringer, and most of us have a very very good understanding of this nasty disease.

Angrybird

Hi BigT :bigwave: Welcome to the forum, as Misty says they are a wonderful bunch here and definetly know where your coming from when you are having a bad day - and there are plenty of those with this disease!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum BigT!

I have been on steroids (Prednisone) in the past also and have experienced some of the same symptoms you have (abdominal pain and some ulcers in my mouth).

The other symptoms you mentioned though are not uncommon and other members on here have reported the same symptoms.

Hopefully the forum will help you in your search for an effective treatment. Hope to see you online again soon!