• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Issues with pregnancy

Just a quick question. Have any crohnies on here ever had a problem with getting pregnant when experiencing bad flare ups. Although there is no direct proof. I experienced a miscarraige while i was going throgh a bad flare. Doctors say it may or may have not been a cause. Has anyone experienced this

I did not have any trouble getting pregnant and during the pregnancy was the healthiest I have ever been. That was the only time I've ever been in complete remission with no symptoms. Good luck!

My doc said I should not get pregnant while flaring. He said if I did I would most likely continue to flare during pregnancy with the chances of miscarriage... Pregnancy like in some weird way puts you into remission but only if you conceive when you are not flaring.. Good luck and baby dust!!!! I have a 6 month old and while preggo with her I asked every question possible :)