• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself a bit. I just found this group when looking up info on a resectioning. I've gotten to that point bc I'm in my mid 30s, wanting to get pregnant, and spent almost a week in the hospital for a blockage the week after getting remicade. Now I am waiting to be scheduled for a MRI to try to see if surgery looks like a good idea.

I've been sick for quite a while but got a definitive dx of Crohn's about 2 years ago. I've been on 5mg/kg of remicade for almost a year and am going up to 10mg/kg on Tuesday. The idea of surgery is one of the first parts about being sick that really scares me. Although my quality of life isn't terrific, the rest has happened slowly and I've just adjusted.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi there welcome! :bigwave: I have had two resections and my first after my daughter was born. It was laproscopic and healed fast. If you are narrowing chances are you may have to have surgery, although it is the last resort, sometimes it is the best thing that could ever happen. I have had many blockages, just had a partial one last week and they are worse than child birth. Dont fight it, embrace it, the surgery could be your little miracle. Glad you found us,keep us posted about your MRI, would be interested in knowing the outcome. :hang:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :hug: I had my first op recently and it was a resection due to a stricture, I felt I did quite well to go 9yrs before needing one. It is definetly a wake up call on how serious this disease can be. I agree with Pen, if there is a narrowing then surgery could end up beng the thing that gets you sorted. It is scary but remember you have us now :) Have a look at the support forum where you can get all the advice you need or if you need to where you can just vent your feelings and the treatment forum will have info about surgery. Really pleased you have found us and keep us updated on how you get on.

Thanks Angrybird and Pen. I do hate the waiting but I know its just part of the process. I am a crazy planner, and have already started to make lists but I'm trying to not get too ahead of myself, since its possible the test will show its not whats best for now. I figure I'll have more questions after the MRI - assuming its definitive, or, if not, after the pill cam... So I'm trying to just look forward to remicade and to keep up with work until I know more.

Hey there vanilla_chai and welcome aboard!!! :D

Glad you found us and I wish you the best with the possible surgery and also with planning a pregnancy. Also, I like the name you signed up with, makes me want to head to my favorite shop that serves great loose leaf tea :)

Mmmm, I <3 all kinds of tea, but esp the caffeinated ones. Well, tea and coffee and occasionally energy drinks. I have a new dr and that hasn't come up yet, yeah, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that :)

Haha well it sort of depends on case to case. I can have caffeine, but not too much, or it will bother me. Moderation is alright in my case.

Haha well it sort of depends on case to case. I can have caffeine, but not too much, or it will bother me. Moderation is alright in my case.
nice, I don't notice it giving me problems unless I drink more than 2 mugs in a day or I'm really sick. Then I just get a back ache. Hopefully he won't try to talk me into quitting, I use it to focus at work. Ask me to give up anything else and its done, just not my caffeine :)