• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Major vomiting

major vomiting

Hello all, my cousin, 28 was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2008. She was doing great on Humira, then started having skin manifestations and flare ups. They started new therapy but had to stop after less than 2 weeks. The flare-ups are always major vomiting and now does not stop. Even when she doesn't eat, she vomits bile. If she doesn't eat she'll feel extremely sick and won't feel a little better until vomiting(bile). She is on ensure/broth diet, it doesn't help.

I've read possible intestine narrowed or swollen only by even a few millimeters. The doctors obviously would have caught that. Her family has taken her to 2nd and 3rd opinions of top doctors in country. I don't really know very much but she has been tested for every GI, auto-immune, or any other disease or anomaly you can think of, been on anti-biotic therapy and more (they occasionally detect high white cell count/infection). She has been in this state for weeks, admitted to the hospital for days at a time, and many ER visits.

I know there are a lot of factors and missing information but anything I can try to influence the doctors to look at? thank you

Yes, that test was done. thank you very much. I put that in the category “every GI test available” in my first post. She has been in the hospital almost this entire time except for a few days back at home twice. The doctors cannot figure out what to do. I am baffled because this doesn't seem so difficult: obstruction, infection, auto-immune problem, meds complication, or tissue/organ integrity has been compromised or malfunctioning (behaves like internal poison). It can only be a certain number of things.

Hi, I should update this in case it helps someone else. They found peptic ulcers and some type of infection in upper, not lower, GI. Like i said before, not sure why that was hard to find.

Terriernut

I'm glad they found out WHAT is was, but I'm sorry for the effects of the ulcers on you.

Have they got you feeling better??