• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Never seems to get better

I'm 35 and I have been dealing with crohns since I was 19. I have never been blessed with any kind of remission and its never been under control. I have so many surgerys I dont even want to count. I only have a 3rd of my large bowel and 3 feet of my small left. I have taking every drug un the sun and nothing seems to help. I'm currently on Humira, they was having me take it every other week and about 6 months ago moved it to every week. It is so hard to stay any kind of possitive and functional and if it wasn't for my husband and to beautiful girls I would propably would never get out of bed. Looking for the silver lining in this cload hopefully I will find one.

Hello there and a big warm welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles with Crohns, it must be very disheartening :) Has the Humira made any difference at all to your symptoms?

Hello Discgolfmom.
I think you are a very strong person and I feel for you and your struggle. I think you have come to the right place and i know that you will get plenty of support here on this forum as I have. Hopeing tomorrow is a better day .

Angrybird

Hi there, I am sorry that you have had such a hard time with this disease :hug: Has the Humira helped at all? What has your doc said about things? I am pleased you have decided to join us, there is lots of advice and support available here.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum!

You poor thing, you've been through so much :(

With that little of intestine left, I assume they have you on some sort of specialized nutrition? If so, what? And are your vitamin and mineral levels being monitored?

Have you ever looked into an intestinal transplant?