• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My interview on bodybuilding.com

Well done! Great inspiration to fellow sufferers out there. I too was told at the age of 18 that I would always struggle with being under weight - after a major flare and emergency surgery I went down to 5 and a half stone. Now at 40 I am 13 and half stone, with 44 inch chest and 18 inch arms...........I wanted to prove them wrong!

Astra

Extraordinary Bobby, well done!
Take no notice of the cynics. claiming you've used steroids, they're just jealous xxx

Yeah...after my experience with steroids due to Crohn's I would not take them...I value my health more than the normal person and would not put some chemical in to my body if it was going to hinder my health.

Of course the haters and doubters make me more hungry for success! I'm really hoping to raise awareness for Crohn's disease. I've had a lot of E-Mails from the exposure from people who also suffer from Crohn's which has been great!

rygon

well done :) Amazing transformation after such a short period. Must have been hard work

Have fun with the photo shoots

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for sharing Bobby! Very inspirational for anyone considering becoming more healthy, without even considering the fact that you also have Crohn's!

It sounds like this year will be an exciting one so I hope you can enjoy it thoroughly!

Blimey! What a transformation!!

Taking all those supplements must cost you a fortune??!!

Great upper body, what's the legs like mate? Ive just started back training and this is definitely a motivator!

You are such an inspiration! I am trying to get back into weightlifting/body building and I have been thinking about you and your success. I can't believe it was only 12 weeks!

I haven't been on medication since my operation (7 years ago)...I was recommended that I start, can't remember what they suggested but I decided against it.

I think certain foods do. I definitely feel wary of my Crohn's after a couple of days of crap food. When I'm on a good diet I don't, and feel great!

Awesome Bobby,

that is an amazing achievement! I'll prob PM you with a millions q's as have started working out for hypertrophy a few months ago (using a waterbury routine) and I have found this not only lessened symptoms but I was able to gain lean mass even on Pred (which my GI stated outright I wouldn't' be able to do!)

Say to a mountain move and it will move, if you believe

I've had Crohn's since the early 80s, and I too made the choice to prove the critics wrong, took up weight lifting not long after after major surgery, added weight in the right places, got used to a healthier, more active life style and never looked back. For folks like you that have decided they can make a difference, I make a toast.

Yeah! Don't hesitate to send any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. You can find me on Facebook too in my Sig as I don't check the forum that regular at the moment.