Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Getting my remi every 6 weeks. next shot Feb 17th

02-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
moogie

Getting my remi every 6 weeks. next shot Feb 17th

This is the second time I get my shot within 6 weeks period and I just love it.

When I was on 8 weeks shots I always had 3 weeks of hell. 10 days before I started pains and it took another 10 days to feel better.

Now getting them every 6 weeks there is no going down anymroe. I feel great.

I'm getting my shorts 3 days before my birthday so I will be feeling great for the party!!!

Just wnated to share!
Remicaide
Getting Remicade every 8 weeks
Getting 5mg now. full dose. cost 5500$ )
Purinathol 75mg a day

3 resections
2 colostomy
One Ileostomy
Back to normal since May 2015
On Remicade Since April 2011 I am alive again!
02-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
scoutfinch

My Support Groups:
So great that you've found an effective ongoing treatment! May I ask what dosage you are on (e.g. 5mg/kg, 10mg/kg?)

I might need to go to 6 weeks too. The Remicade kicks in really quickly after each infusion (I feel amazing by the 3rd day), but it fades after only 3 weeks. By the 4th week, it's full on flare mode. So I guess going to 6 weeks isn't really going to make my life fully symptom-free, but suffering 3 weeks is better than suffering 5 weeks.
02-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
moogie

I really do not klnow my dosage. But When I go friday I will ask my nurse.

I'll let you know then.

If I stop the tratement I am full of flares too but mine started coming back on the 7th week.
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
Glad it's working for you Moogie!!

Isn't it fantastic when you have something positive to share? Hope you continue to feel better and better.
4 procedures in March/April 2010 to remove a kidney stone
Dx'd Dyshidrotic Eczema April 2011
Dx'd Pancreatitis July 2011
2nd bowel resection 10/12/11 - I have 130cm of small intestines left!
Dx'd Chronic gastritis April 2012

Currently taking:
Cholestyramine powder 1-2x daily
Remicade 5mg/kg every 8 wks
Vitamin D3, B12
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
moogie

You have no idea.

Just being able to play with my kids on a regular basis, god just being able to be a parent, doing homework chores and laughing with my kids. It's a miracle.

My youngest daughter was getting depress because her father was always sick. It broke my heart. Now it's back to normal. Groovy baby!"!!!

We need some good news now and again :-)
02-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
moogie

So great that you've found an effective ongoing treatment! May I ask what dosage you are on (e.g. 5mg/kg, 10mg/kg?)

I might need to go to 6 weeks too. The Remicade kicks in really quickly after each infusion (I feel amazing by the 3rd day), but it fades after only 3 weeks. By the 4th week, it's full on flare mode. So I guess going to 6 weeks isn't really going to make my life fully symptom-free, but suffering 3 weeks is better than suffering 5 weeks.
I got my infuision on friday went very well. New nurse there hmmm might want to get my medicine a lot more often :-)

My dosage is 400 mg so my nurse tells me. my weight is 86 kg. so my dosage is 4.65/kg

Hope that helps!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Getting my remi every 6 weeks. next shot Feb 17th