• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

More surgery.. :/

Well, I am scheduled for surgery next Tuesday. Day after my birthday! Haha. I'm pretty nervous. This is my second surgery this year. I had my gall bladder removed about 3 weeks ago. This surgery is for an abscess. They think I have a fistula. I don't know a huge amount about them. I just know they can turn really serious and I hope this finally takes care of it. It's hurt for so long I feel almost dependent on painkillers. I finally have gotten to where I could work for the past 2 weeks. I think I may have been over doing it. Now I'm starting to hurt pretty bad again. I'm so ready to get better for a while and hopefully stop putting my family through all of this. They have been taking care of myself and my daughter for a couple weeks. Any prayer or advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope so much I can get rid of this without more surgery or a seton..

A lot of us have had abscess's and fistulas. It should be alright once you have the surgery! It's just an ongoing thing with crohn's. You have an adorable child! Good luck with your surgery!! Surgery is better than just coping and taking pain pills.

Thank you! I'm glad to see a positive thing about it. I'm pretty scared and I'm not sure why. The doctor didn't seem like its some major surgery. I guess it's because I just started truly recovering from my first surgery. I really hope I don't have to get more after this..

Thank you, her name is Gabi. Short for Gabrielle. She is my world. My everything. I would be lost without her.