Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Illness and Remicade

02-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
kllyeve

My Support Groups:
Illness and Remicade

Hi,

I looked to see if this was asked before but couldn't find anything.

I have had my 3 loading doses. After the third dose, I now have had Norwalk flu, and now a bad cold in the 2 weeks since. Before this it was years since I had any such illnesses.

So do I have to live in a bubble now?? Does anyone else seem to pick up everything going around? How do you avoid this?

MAkes me sad as I was feeling really good before the flu hit me and now I am back to feeling exhausted, bloated and having an upset stomach all the time.

Thanks for any insight.
Kelley
02-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
moogie

I have been taking Remi since April 2011. 7 doses later I had only 1 sore throat. I have three young kids that get sick all the time. They all got sick and I did not get one cold. Stayed in the hospital fro 10 days when I broke my leg and got my operation and did not get anything,

You certainly do not have to live in a bubble. Everybody will get sick once and a while. It happens.

Good luck
Remicaide
Getting Remicade every 8 weeks
Getting 5mg now. full dose. cost 5500$ )
Purinathol 75mg a day

3 resections
2 colostomy
One Ileostomy
Back to normal since May 2015
On Remicade Since April 2011 I am alive again!
02-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I agree with moogie - I've been on Remicade since 2005, and the worst I've had was strep 2x in 3 months....I did have a bout of pneumonia which probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had gone to the doctor earlier.....that is really it for 'illnesses'....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Illness and Remicade