Share Facebook

02-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
LukeE

Sore Back

hello, as some would know i recently had a resection and was released from hospital a few days ago with a temp stoma, just was wondering if it is normal after surgery etc to start of with a sore lower back? i have also lost 16kgs as well in this time too.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1137307030

feel free to add
02-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Misty-Eyed
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
How long has it been since your op, Luke? Sometimes during the op they can lay you in a funny position which can cause muscle pain.

'You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.'

Diagnosed with Crohn's colitis aged 9, 1992.

Panproctocolectomy and terminal end ileostomy October 2011.
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
I had intense back pain for the first 2 weeks after total colectomy and then it lessened and was gone after 3 weeks. I don't know the exact cause, but I do know the surgeon had to really dig around to separate all of my adhesions just to get to the colon itself.

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
LukeE

My op was just over a week ago, as far as I know they surgeon had to dig
around to remove the abseth and to check the rest of my intestine for any other damage or signs or crohns, unfortunately they found 6 small signs of it . But at least they got the main part out that was causing my sever pain.