• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns Diagnosed Last Month - Terrible Pains in Right Leg

I was diagnosed with Crohn's just a few weeks ago. My doctor prescribed Lialda, Cipro, Prednisone and Imuran. I was off the Cipro within a week and the idea is that within two months I will be off all medication with the exception of Imuran. Last week I started to develop severe pains in my legs, in particular my right leg to the point that I could barely walk. I was told to stop the Imuran, did blood work and the usual suspects were fine (Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium). The pain came back and now the doctors have decided to wean me off Prednisone and see if that helps. I am back on Imuran. I realize that some of this is trial and error and each person's body is different but has anyone experienced similar pains? Not so much leg cramps but general pains toward the bottom of the leg, the right leg in particular. Also, any recommendations to reduce the pain? I have seen talk about heat pads, tonic water, Gatorade, etc. Any advice would be nice to have.

If your disease is in your terminal ileum it could be refering pain down your right leg.

Also try Gasx as gas pain can sometimes refer to different locations as well.

Try to record what you eat and see if it is related to food if it is not a constant pain.

Angrybird

I am also on the Imuran/Aza and have also recently noticed an increase in achy pains in my knees mostly but also the ankles and knuckles. I am also trying to taper off the pred...my IBD nurse says this could be the Imuran so I am to see if the pain gets worse at each dose increase or it could be something to do with the pred, as you say its all trial and error so we have to play the wait and see game a lot. I am 'treating' the aches with heat pads, hot baths and paracetamol, they work for a little while otherwise I am kind of leaving it in the hope it is down to dosage changes and that it will settle down once I have the meds sorted. She did also point out that I was very poorly with my last flare up so whilst my tummy is more settled the rest if my body may still be catching up so this could be the same for you if you had a horrible time of it leading up to the diagnosis. I hope this settles down soon for you, keep us updated.

NB Welcome to the forum :bigwave: