Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » What Ive been told

02-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Venny0492

What Ive been told

So for the past 4 weeks ive had soft lumpy runny poo. Sometimes I get a sudden urge to go and bubbling in my stomach area. Ive had abit of pain in my stomach area twice, 1 was bad 2nd time wasnt as bad.

So, after having this four weeks I went to the drs. He felt my stomach asked me questions about myself and if I drink and smoke and all that. Said he thought it was just an infection. But if its not cleared up in two weeks (started this Tuesday) then I need to go and pick up a container so I can have a poo sample taken. Then take it from there.

How does that work? do you poo directly in the container? or into the bowl and fish it out?

anyway, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
02-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Hi Venny - the doctor should give you a 'hat' - that is an insert to put in the toilet to catch the poo....you should poo into that, then take a sample. Do not go directly into the toilet and take a sample from there as it will be contaminated.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
02-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Venny0492

Hi Venny - the doctor should give you a 'hat' - that is an insert to put in the toilet to catch the poo....you should poo into that, then take a sample. Do not go directly into the toilet and take a sample from there as it will be contaminated.....
Thanks lol sorry to be a bit graphic, Im in England would that make a differnce?
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Rebecca85

No, just ask the receptionists when you pickup the sample bottle and they will give you one.

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
02-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
sawdust

My Support Groups:
Have a look here, Venny. It's a bit terrible at first, but you'll get the hang of it. As Rebecca and paso said, just ask for the "hat" when you get the sample container. (don't wear the hat) You should also ask for written instructions, which they'll probably provide without asking. You don't want to do this more than you have to.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=20610

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » What Ive been told