Share Facebook

02-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
stickman7755

My Support Groups:
Funny Story

Late last night I had an "accident" in bed. I tripped in the bathroom and caused some loud noises. After I cleaned up I went downstairs to get some water. I was using a baseball bat as a crutch. When I went to fill up my glass of water my father told me I was making to much noise and he needed sleep. He told me don't use a baseball bat to get around. I told him I tripped going to the bathroom and just needed some water. He wouldn't let me get water. I eventually walked passed him to get some water. When I got up stairs my mother accused me of playing darts. They told me if I made any more noise they would call the police.
Wow, I hate my parents.
Surgery Performed 12/07/11
02-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Artificial

Hi Shawn,

That's so awful, can't believe they threatened to call the police :-( x

Currently taking:

Pentasa 4g
Azathioprine 100mg

Surgery:

Small bowel resection 3rd May 2012
02-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
CLynn

Awww, that's awful. Do you suppose they just take quite awhile to wake fully up? I would hope they wouldn't react that away normally....
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Oh Shawn, that is just the pits.

I will never understand how parent's can treat their children that way, it breaks my heart when I read things like this. You deserve so better than that hun and I hope at some point in the not too distant future you are able to move away from them and be surrounded by people that truly love and support you. I know at the end of the day they are still your Mum and Dad and that makes it all the harder.

Dusty. xxx
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Miss Underestimated

Sometimes the people closest to us know the least about us. So sorry you have to go through that.
*Jan 2012-present, Humira. No symptoms, but scopes indicated disease.
*6MP for all of 2013.
*2014 &2015 complete mucosal healing.

**Staying on Humira for maintenance**

The statistics I see so far for my situation seem pretty good. There ARE long term statistics for the Anti-TNF drug treatments now. I'm here to make them longER.
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
NikiB

Maybe Im reading your post wrong... Im taking your "I hate my parents" as sarcasm. In that case it is a funny story. And your parents have an amusing sense of humor. If not, that suck how unsympathetic your parents are.
Have been on Entocort, Cipro, Flagyl
Currently on 175mg Azathioprine
40 mg Humira
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
sawdust

My Support Groups:
Just tell them you'll poop in their bed next time... You can make all the noise you care to, I'll bet.
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Maybe Im reading your post wrong... Im taking your "I hate my parents" as sarcasm. In that case it is a funny story. And your parents have an amusing sense of humor.
Yikes! Did I take that totally the wrong way? Doh!

Dusty.
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
NikiB

Can you clarify for us Shawn....
02-25-2012, 03:49 AM   #10
Artificial

Yikes! Did I take that totally the wrong way? Doh!

Dusty.
oops me to then if that's the case! x
02-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
stickman7755

My Support Groups:
My parents are ass holes. The story was all true. Im moving out of their house asap
02-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
ekay03
My dog has hands!

stickman7755, One day your parents are gonna be old and they will need you the way a child needs a perent. Then they will be sorry . When I get annoyed w/ my mother, I threaten to put her in an old age home if she isnt nicer too me. Of course I am only kidding because my mother is an angel!!! She is the best Anyways you might want to remind them that they might need you someday and to be nicer to you unless they like the idea of spending there golden years in a home for the aged and decrepit!
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
NikiB

In that case Im sorry to read that. Your parents are jerks. Good luck with your move.
02-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Miss Underestimated

Often, family is too close to see. Parents especially, will remember time when you were just annoying them for the heck of it, like all children do, and react to it that way because they really just don't have a clue, and no way to get one.

Sounds like, for your mental health, it would be good not to be around them all the time. Try to let it go - they are probably doing the best they know - remember they were kids and had parents once, and that's who they learned from. Promise yourself not to repeat any of this with your own family.

I know this sounds like a lecture, but I'm old enough to be your grandmother, most likely, so take it for what it's worth, and toss whatever isn't helpful.
02-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
bozzylozzy
Forum Monitor

oh wow.. my mum is an ass hole too - maybe they should meet - they can be best of buddies and leave us alone! lol
im undiagnosed - but my mum would love it if i did actually have crohn's - so she could tell the world.. so everyone would give her sympathy, its just another glorified story for her to tell.

i swear she was disappointed i didnt turn out gay too.. and treats my sister's dyslexia like its some major disability..

Alternating diagnosis of:
Seronegative Inflammatory Arthritis / SAPHO syndrome

Meds:
Vitamin B12 injections
Sulfasalazine
(Previously Prednisolone.. worked a treat!)

Watch out.. there's a blonde about!
05-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
stickman7755

My Support Groups:
Moved out a month ago. Living in an apartment for a few months, then buying my first house!!!!! I got two puppies as well. Goldendoodles. Malcolm Xavier and Shiane
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #17
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Be happy
05-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
Gculk

My Support Groups:
Oh dear. That is sad. My parents aren't easy on me either.

My mother straight up thinks I am malingering, and when I left an offshore job rather than risk being at sea with some unknown illness beating the good out of me, she threatened to tell my doctor off for signing the note to give me medical leave.

I thought other people had it better. I wish they did. That's not fair to you. What do they think, you had surgery because you had nothing better to do that weekend?

How pointless and depressing. But don't worry. I don't know you, but as far as I'm concerned you are doing everything you can. Sometimes distance is good. Or maybe it's just not healthy relationship.

I know how it feels, but it gets better.

All the best,
Nathan
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
stickman7755

My Support Groups:
I have learned that I can't change my parents. They chose to do what they want. However, they are my parents and I wish they could see things the way I do. I wish they could live with this disease for one day and see how it affects there lives!!!
05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
Miss Underestimated

Glad you got away from them. We don't get to choose our families.

Hopefully, as they get older, their attitudes will change - part of growing up is realizing that your parents are just people, and they're not always right, and accepting them for who they really are. As long as you're not dependent on them, they won't have that down-pulling effect on you.
05-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #21
carolhew

My Support Groups:
Congrats on the new pups and moving into your own place! Best wishes on house hunting, it can be so much fun and stressful at the same time!
January 2012: stricture found in terminal ileum, balloon dilation
Remission as of January 2014!