• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Excited!! Infliximab bring it on!!

After ANOTHER stay in hospital ( it's becoming a 2 monthly habit now :ywow::ywow: ) Didn't really get to the bottom off the blood in urine and kidney pain. Doctors are just putting it down to inflammation causing the pain (but what's causing the blood and protein?!) apparently it's a head scratcher. Managed to miss the norovirus going about the hospital like wild fire. My ward had to be shut down for infection control ha. I got a call today from my IBD nurse saying the 12th of March is when I'm getting my first infliximab! I'm a little nervous but soooo ready to start feeling well again. I hope so much that this is my wonder drug. Can not deal with pain any longer and the best bit is i'll get to start coming off pred after 5 months of it!! really hoping my face goes back to normal as it seems to be taking over the world at present :ybiggrin:

Thats good news :) I hope it goes well, Infliximab worked great for me in the short spell I was on it. And it was great not having to take a cocktail of pills every day!.. got my fingers crossed for you!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Have you been checked for kidney stones? And not just by x-ray, but have you had a CT done? X-rays missed mine, AND the ones my Mom just had - but they showed up on a CT scan.....and unfortunately we are more prone to them too!

PsychoJane

Didn't really get to the bottom off the blood in urine and kidney pain. Doctors are just putting it down to inflammation causing the pain (but what's causing the blood and protein?!) apparently it's a head scratcher.
I assume they ran lots of blood test and such, proteinuria and hematuria can be symptoms of many pathologies from infection to systemic disease so I guess it is hard to directly associate them. Are you still having pain from it though?

I mentioned stones to the doctors but I was given an ultrasound and they told me stones would have shown up in the scan. I'm still getting pain but it has calmed down a bit. I was given tramadol for the pain away home with me but it makes me really constipated so trying not to take it unless I really need it. I had my bloods taken everyday.