Share Facebook

02-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Soybean

My Support Groups:
Morning Cough

Hey Guys,

I've had this hacking cough every morning for must be near on a month now. I occasionally cough through the day, but it's in the morning that's the worst. I can feel phlegm rattling in my lungs and I do eventually manage to cough up some of it which is white so not infected. After aboot half an hour the coughing settles down, but my breathing can sometimes be a bit shallow for the next couple of hours. One morning last week I couldn't breath properly because of it for a few minutes.

It's not concerning me loads cos it only happens in the mornings, but as I have an appt with my GI in 10 days I was wondering whether I should mention it to him. Can Infliximab cause morning coughs as a side effect?

Soybean xx
02-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
SarahAnne

My Support Groups:
I'm not sure about the Remicade as a source or not. I had the same type of cough last month, I was never actually "sick" but the damp weather and pollen here have made allergies act up pretty badly. My sinuses were draining at night, so I was waking up in the morning hacking like a pack a day smoker!

I would definitely mention it to the GI though, just in case it could be a side effect or some kind of respiratory infection.

Good luck, luck us know how it turns out!
4 procedures in March/April 2010 to remove a kidney stone
Dx'd Dyshidrotic Eczema April 2011
Dx'd Pancreatitis July 2011
2nd bowel resection 10/12/11 - I have 130cm of small intestines left!
Dx'd Chronic gastritis April 2012

Currently taking:
Cholestyramine powder 1-2x daily
Remicade 5mg/kg every 8 wks
Vitamin D3, B12
02-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Soybean

My Support Groups:
Haha! Hacking like a pack a day smoker is a good way to describe it! I'll mention it to my GI if it's still happening when I go for my appt. Thanks Sarah xx
02-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
STLGirl

I had a really bad cold this winter and my cough has never left. I would decribe my cough just like you did Soybean. It sure makes me wonder if it's the remicade !

Diagnosed with CD: November 1, 2010
Been on:

Flagyl
Prednisone
Imuran - Allergic
Currently on:
Remicade (Started 4-4-11)
Vitamin D3
B Complex w/ Vitamin C
Calcium
Omega3 and Krill Oil

"A merry heart does good like medicine" Proverbs 17:22
02-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
davidr

You should get a chest xray if your symptoms persist for longer than 2 weeks. I had similar symptoms last winter and it turned out to be pnemonia caused by a bacteria that usually only affects small children and old people. A week of IV antibiotics finally cleared it up. (I am on Remicade and Imuran)