• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone been told they smell like medicine?

I've only been taking Lialda and my sister said I wreak of the smell of medicine a lot :( I don't want to keep smelling like medicine what do I do? :( It is a very strong dose.....2 a day 1.2 GRAMS each.....not MG (milligrams)!!!! :tongue:

I have never been told I smell of medicine. However, when I am illl or flaring I do notice a peculiar odour which I attribute to ketones in my sweat. So is your sister sure it's the medicine she smells, or is it some other odour that she associates with medicine like ketones?

If my sister said that to me, I would assume she was just being a brat! :ylol:

I've only ever noticed an "odor" when I was on antibiotics, and that was my stool. I've never been told I smell weird. I did sweat a lot when I was on prednisone, but there was no odor or anything. I've never taken Lialda either, so I'm not sure about side effects associated with that.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
The only odor I have noticed was when I was in the hospital and on flagyl - we first thought it was the carpets in the room (hospital actually came in and cleaned them!)...but then it didn't go away...finally determined it was from the antibiotics!

I feel like I smell something weird when I've just had Remicade, but it goes away in a day or so. I can taste Pentasa and smell it on my breath but no one has mentioned it to me. Well, it has to come out somewhere, I suppose, just like alcohol or cigarettes, though the skin.