Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira wearing off before next dose

02-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
aerialkabuki

Humira wearing off before next dose

I haven't been taking Humira for very long, only a few months. It was working great for awhile, but now it seems to wear off a couple days before my next injection. I take one injection every other week.
My doctor wants me to supplement with another drug to help tide me over between injections. Has anyone else done this?
02-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Its very common to be taking more than one medication at a time for IBD. I took Asacol, Prednisone, Entocort and 6MP at one time. What other medication do they want you to try?

Welcome to the forum! Would you like to share your story in the Your story section so we can get to know you better?
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
02-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
aerialkabuki

Thanks for the reply, I'm just not sure how often biologics are paired with another medication.
My doctor wants me on a mesalazine, but I've already tried that in the form of Pentasa and it never seemed to work for me at all.
I'm off to introduce myself in the your story forum.
02-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I've never taken Humira but Mercaptopurine/6MP is the same type of drug and its very common to take other medications that help reduce inflammation like Mesalazine/Asacol while the immune suppressant does its work.
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
littlemissh

My Support Groups:
I am on azathioprine and humira (also pred but hoping to stop that once humira starts working).
My consultant says that not only do you get better response the aza stops you developing antibodies to the humira.

On Humira every 7 days, intermittent iv iron, regular blood transfusions :faint:
On TPN since March 2016.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira wearing off before next dose