• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad few days:*(

bad few days:*(

so, i went to my docs the other day, and everything is improving at the moment.

even so, i really do feel down at the moment, just a bit angry at the constant diet of pills.. i know they're making me better, but they're just annoing me at this time.

breakfst and pills.
lunch and pills
dinner and pills

couple of other pills before bed.....

:(

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I had always hated taking pills, I wouldn't even take a Tylenol for a headache.
When I first was diagnosed, I didn't like taking pills at each meal and before bed, but I have gotten used to it. At this point, I would take pills 10 times a day as long as they keep my symptoms at bay.
If you didn't take the pills - what would the alternative be? Maybe you can look at it that way.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
MBH,

While it is hard to come to grips with, I think you do understand the purpose of all those pills. Doctor's are supposed to weigh the pros and cons of all medications against what their patients are going through, as any possible side effects a drug can have should be less than the relief they will give the patient. You should therefore take it not as a chore or as something bad, but something beneficial that the pills are giving you a better quality of life then they would if you were not on them.

We all sometimes get frustrated though with taking them every day (and seemingly all day!) so I understand where you are coming from (especially as I feel the same way you do about taking pills). Just keep on going go and eventually the doctors may be willing to reduce your daily need.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Mike,
I think maybe your response was meant for jed. I'm fine with taking pills, I would take them 10 times a day as long as that kept my symptoms away. Jed is the one who is/was having a hard time with it.
MBH

I find that taking the pills is like a three times daily reminder of the disease - which added to all the other physical reminders pisses me off.

E

elp888

For me taking pills is a lot like brushing my teeth. Somewhat of a hassle, but all for a good cause...

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
No need to blush Mike, I wasn't sure if my maybe words were confusing.

Pills are like putting your pants on?? Wow! I've never forgotten my pants!!
(Get it? Forgetting to take your pills? HA! I'm sure that NO one is laughing right now, but I am cracking myself UP!)

I

Isla

My Butt Hurts said:
No need to blush Mike, I wasn't sure if my maybe words were confusing.

Pills are like putting your pants on?? Wow! I've never forgotten my pants!!
(Get it? Forgetting to take your pills? HA! I'm sure that NO one is laughing right now, but I am cracking myself UP!)

You haven't?!??!?!? I always forget my pants! hehehe

Kev

When I was going 20+ times a day, I began to wonder why I bothered to wear pants... then I figured it out. Easier to clean a pair of pants than shampoo the carpet. ;-)

Kev said:
When I was going 20+ times a day, I began to wonder why I bothered to wear pants... then I figured it out. Easier to clean a pair of pants than shampoo the carpet. ;-)
Classic. :D

E

ericajones80

Kev said:
thanks for the chuckle Kev...renting those carpet shampooers can get expensive!