Share Facebook

View Poll Results: For those of you who have IBD, would you consider your Quality of life...
Above Average 3 7.69%
Average 11 28.21%
Below Average 25 64.10%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
sawdust

My Support Groups:
IBD Quality of Life

"Quality of life" is a very subjective term and, for the purposes of this poll is open to as much interpretation as you like.

For those of you who have IBD, would you consider your "Quality of life" Above Average, Average, or Below Average?
03-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
darkriftx

Average

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Crohns Disease - Diagnosed December 1998
- Initially diagnosed after two peri-anal abcesses and sepsis in 1998
- Blood transfusion and surgery in 2007 - ileocolectomy with resection
Current Meds:
4 x 50 mg Azathioprine, 4 x 0.375 mg Apriso, Librax, Hyoscamine
Have taken:
Prednisone, Flagyl, Cipro, Asacol, Lialda, Entocort
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
NoNameNoFace

I was diagnosed with 4 months ago but had my symptons 4/5 months before that, ever since then my life has deffo been below average, but im still trying to find the treatment to get remission!

I actually forget what it feels like to wake up one day and feel energetic and full of life!
03-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
tixbut

Just read this and wanted you to know keep positive!!! its hard i know, i think we all know that but you will find a treatment that works for you. If you ever need have a chat or some one on one advice message me. Always here to help

I was diagnosed with 4 months ago but had my symptons 4/5 months before that, ever since then my life has deffo been below average, but im still trying to find the treatment to get remission!

I actually forget what it feels like to wake up one day and feel energetic and full of life!
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
CLynn

Quality of life can definately be a mind set too, find friends and family that make you laugh, and let you vent, NoName....that is what has saved me when I am down in that dark pit!
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
NoNameNoFace

tixbut, Thanks for the reply and thanks for offering your support. Greatly appreciated.

CLynn, thanks, I definelty agree. My mindset is quite low at the minute, my closest friends who I have knowin all my life have moved different country for university, so thats been hard for me. My family are supportive but they dont truly understand what I go through everyday. I hate who I have become at the minute, days I will wake up sad, days I will wake up with bitterness and resentment and some days I will wake up being positive.

What has hurt the most is my social life and my hobby, I love football football and played for my local team but my manager stopped playing me, he told ive lost too much weight and wasnt well enough to play even know I persisted, with fatigue and lacking energy I couldnt play to my best! Also I used to go out drinking at the weekend with my friends, but 9 times out of 10 I will find myself outside being sick and end up going home early.

For 2 months over Christmas when I was on my highest dose of pred I felt alive again, felt great, but since I went off it I've back to square one. All I wanna do is get my weight back on, get fit and play football again. Just hope I can feel like I did again, one day.
03-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Even though I've had some perks from it (SSI with free health care helps a lot), I don't think those perks would be as needed if I didn't have Crohn's. Definitely below average. Since I've strived to be normal (normal being average) I'd say that I've always at least been trying to be average. I think Crohn's has held me back from what/who I could have been.

Not that I'm complaining as I am with the right guy now and am happy and in remission.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
03-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
KWalker

I put average, only because I figured above average would mean having a rich family and getting everything you want, etc...and that's not me lol. I've said it in a few other posts but aside from when I'm having bad days I don't even recognize I have crohns. I was always outside playing as a kid, with my friends, etc. I'd love to go skydiving, jump off a cliff, etc and I don't think crohns would hold me back from that. Maybe I've never had it that bad but there is so many worse things then crohns that I would say I've had a normal life.

Just the other night I ate 11 tacos lol. We had a little eating competition at my house, and I won lol. Tacos...Something so many people would say is a big no-no for them, and it doesn't effect me at all.

Previous Meds:
Prednisone
Remicade
Humira
Methotrexate (oral)
Methotrexate (injections)
Cipro
Flagyl

Current Treatment:
200mg Simponi, Psyllium