Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Have you been tested for IGA Deficiency?

View Poll Results: Have you been tested for IGA Deficiency
I have been tested and am NOT deficient 1 10.00%
I have been tested and I AM deficient 5 50.00%
I have not been tested 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

03-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
David
Co-Founder

Have you been tested for IGA Deficiency?

I'm curious how many of you have been tested for IGA deficiency and if you have, if you're deficient.
03-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Trysha

My Support Groups:
Hi David
I have been diagnosed with monoclonal gammopathy of undefined significance (MGUS)
and produce too much IgG.
There has been no mention of IGA but the electrophoresis would analyse for IGA and IGM
So I think my answer is a yes., but not as related to Crohn's tests.I have not placed it in your rating above.
I was diagnosed with the gammopathy three years before the Crohn's diagnosis., and have to be checked annually for its status.
Trysha
03-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
David
Co-Founder

Trysha, I don't know what most of that means. Heheh. Lot's more for me to research.
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Mind posting what that is David so people know what you're referring to? I'm off to look it up right now. :P

Edit: After reading this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002447/ I still have no idea what I just read and dunno what it is or why I should be tested for it. Dunno if I ever was.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Have you been tested for IGA Deficiency?