• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Possible colostomy

possible colostomy

Not great on computers,hear goes,had crohns for over 25yrs and had 2 resections in that time,at hospital today and been told they may have to remove my large bowel,this scares me as i dont want to end up with a bag help.

Hey man, don't really know what to say... I am having my first surgery Wednesday, and I am facing the same issue with the stoma..

All I can say is keep your chin up, and be prepared for the worst. :)

Good luck.

Angrybird

Hi there and welcome. I am sorry that things have got to this stage for you. Please have a look at our stoma sub forum as there will be a lot or advice here about what to expect etc in case a bag happens - has the docs said whether it is definite with full removal with stoma or are they now doing testing to confirm? Good luck hun and I wish you well

xxx

Please don't be scared, having a bag was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I wish I'd had it years ago. I have so much freedom in life now and never have any pain. It's brilliant! Saying that, I was mentally prepared for my life with a bag. It helps enormously.

I hope things go well for you whatever happens :)