Share Facebook

03-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
CLynn

Moods

Ok, does anyone know or suspect, does Imuran affect our mood too? Maybe it's just the Crohn's in general, maybe it's just that today is Monday, possibly I suppose since I am a woman that there could be other hormones in play as well, but gosh, my mood seems to turn south so easily and often lately....which is just not me.
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Spooky1
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
i find i have some impossible moods, mind full moon just coming up. imuran made me pukey, but can't say it made me moody. i think i read on here somewhere that seratonin and the starts of its creation begin in the gut somewhere. so poss then there is a little issue with lack of seratonin if the gut lining is damaged. i'm not sure, but hell i'm moody too. menopause seriously isn't helping either.

best wishes to you though
03-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
CLynn

Yes, I am in the lovely in between with menopause, ain't it grand? Thanks, Spooky, and the best wishes to you as well!
03-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
kat-y

My Support Groups:
Cheryl, I am really glad to see someone ask this question as I am wondering the same thing too but trying hard not to moan about it when the symptoms are mostly undercontrol but moods are all over the place ! Am also trying to figure out if it's the Crohn's, the impending colonoscopy or the drug ...but some very mixed emotions happening .
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
CLynn

Kat-y, maybe we will never completely figure it out, but we have each other to vent/talk to....love this site! Yes, it makes me feel bad to complain too, so many others have it worse than me. But just don't feel myself.
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
kat-y

My Support Groups:
Keep hoping this is just a bump in the road, but sometimes not complaining makes for frustration and its a vicious circle . It's hard to explain that you don't feel right, I think low energy levels pull me down so much and that makes me unhappy. But when symptoms are being mostly managed we should be grateful, right ? It is a relief to come out and say it on a forum where you don't feel guilty for piling it friends and family. Glad I logged on today :-)
03-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
CLynn

Very glad you did too! Was starting to think it really WAS just me, lol!