• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello everybody!

I stumbled across this forum while googling Prednisone and acne. I found some answers that were helpful and thought this forum might be a useful resource for me.

For a brief history of my Crohn's, I was diagnosed with in April 2009. My Crohn's is mild with some awful flareups here and there. I was recently prescribed Prednisone and antibiotics to deal with an especially awful flareup last month. I have been on Entocort, Pentasa, and tried various probiotics since my diagnosis. I'm currently taking 6mp and all sorts of vitamins and supplements. Focusing on my diet and exercise has been most helpful in my Crohn's treatment.

I'm so excited to have found an active forum for Crohn's disease! I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.:)

David

Co-Founder
Hi Clementine and welcome! I'm really glad you found us and joined up :)

Oooh! Vitamins and supplements, one of my favorite topics. If you're game to share, what kinds are you on? And what changes to your diet have you made?

We look forward to getting to know you as well!

Take care :)

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum Clementine!

I am glad that you found us and have benefited from the forum already. I am glad that your Crohn's is mild for the most part and that diet and supplements have worked well and keeping your Crohn's under control so far.

We are happy you found us also and look forward to seeing you around :).

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :) There is a lot of helpful info here so please have a good look around. I assume that a new long term med may be coming into play due this recent flare up? Is the assumption perhaps that the 6mp can no longer keep things settled?

I hope you are already feeling better hun xxx