Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Trying Cimzia again after 1 year

03-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
logansmom827

Trying Cimzia again after 1 year

I recently had a resection for my crohn's in June 2011. Unfortunately I have active crohn's again at the surgery site as well as further down in my colon (both areas in colon). Very very bummed but trying to move forward and be positive.... So, having said that they want to try me on Cimzia one more time as I wasn't really able to give it a good chance before my surgery as my strictures were so bad. I was previously on Remicade when it stopped working after about 3-4 months, then on Humira which worked for almost a year... everything seems to work in the beginning for me and then just stops working. I am hoping that the Cimzia can give me some relief! Has anyone been on a drug stopped and then started again?

My doctors say it's okay since I was on it for a short time and have been off for almost a year?
03-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Hi and sorry you're having such a rough time

My daughter had to stop Cimzia in October last year to prepare for an upcoming surgery. She has just restarted it about 2 weeks ago, and will have her second loading dose on Tuesday. She has had no adverse reactions from re-starting, and says that it's helping her symptoms already.

Best of luck to you with it !
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Trying Cimzia again after 1 year