• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Urologist Idiot!

Sooooo... I'm the hospital in November due to a high fever which isn't an abnormal way for my Crohn's to manifest, but turns out it wasn't due to Crohn's this time. They believe I have a urinary tract infection, but there are no signs of infection or anything, and my only symptom is pain right before urination.

They decide to send me to an urologist who I can't see until I get an ultrasound and who takes months to get into!

When I finally see him, he does nothing except repeat what my GP believes the problem to be (my battered up intestine fusing to my bladder) and orders a cystoscopy in the very far future.

This finally happens and guess what.... my bladder if FINE FROM THE INSIDE like we expected!!!! Now I have to make an appointment with him in 3 months..... WHY??? He can't do anything for me and hasn't done anything for me to date. What a stupid system!

Thank you for allowing me to vent. :wink:

Hmm...high fever and some pain....Perhaps there was a slight infection that was causing the problem? Worse comes to worse, take garlic capsules daily for 2 weeks and see if that helps. It is a natural antibiotic. Drink cranberry juice (or take cranberry capsules) and really clean out your bladder. Docs don't always have the answers and sometimes have to do a great deal of searching before they figure out the problem.