Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » I just want to get cimzia going already! Update: Had First Shot, Need Info.

03-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
4peace

My Support Groups:
I just want to get cimzia going already! Update: Had First Shot, Need Info.

So frustrated today! It's taken a month to get cimzia through insurance etc and I was ready for first dose yesterday but delivery guy was way late so it was too late for nurse to drive an hour to my house, now there's a storm, no snow so it sounded like she would come today. She called and said she's not sure she's comfortable driving in a thunderstorm. Yes, I live in the mountains but not on top of Mt Everest!
I don't blame her but I'm frustrated!
I don't want to do my first dose in the beginning of the week because I'm not sure what if any the side effects will be and I can't miss work.
Anyone do totally fine with first dose? No nausea, fatigue etc?
Anyhow, hope everyone has a great weekend and thanks for letting me whine

Last edited by Jennifer; 03-19-2012 at 01:36 AM.
03-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
4peace

My Support Groups:
So far so good! Not feeling any side effects, what a relief!
How long did it take for most of you to start seeing improvent?
03-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Oh my that sounds terribly frustrating. You don't need more stress. Sorry I've never taken Cimzia before so I can really only provide generic information but you can check out the forum wiki on Cimzia where there's a list of popular threads talking about it that my help: http://www.crohnsforum.com/wiki/Cimzia
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
03-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
4peace

My Support Groups:
Thanks Crabby! I ended up talking the nurse into meeting me at a "park and ride" at a lower elevation where there wasn't snow and she trained me on the injections in her car! Lol. I kept waiting for a cop to show up and ask what we were doing ( funnier still...my husband is a cop and he was with me). It was pretty amusing.
Have a great day
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Jennifer
Adminstrator

That sounds pretty eventful lol. A fun story for all. :P Feeling ok so far?
03-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
4peace

My Support Groups:
So far not to bad just fatigue and muscle aches but nothing I can't handle! Thanks for asking

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » I just want to get cimzia going already! Update: Had First Shot, Need Info.