• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking to donate unused supplies

Hi All -

Does anyone know of a reputable place to donate unused ileostomy supplies? I had my ileostomy reversed about two weeks ago and my 'activity' for today is to go and clear off my stoma care shelf! I have a ton of supplies leftover and, while I would LOVE to throw everything into a fire; I would much rather pass the supplies onto someone who may not have insurance or the financial means to buy these expensive supplies.

I'd prefer to stay within the US just to keep shipping costs reasonable.

Terriernut

If I were still in the US, I would call the Crohns Collitis Foundation there first. If they dont know where to donate them, how about the Red Cross? They help people world wide and donate stoma supplies.

what state are you located in? I belong to a local ostomy support group where I live. I've been a member and an officer for 25 yrs.

I just delivered some ostomy supplies to the local visiting nurses as they deal tons of patients who can't afford supplies. It was a donation from the local CCFA chapter from a patient who no longer needed them.

Please PM and I can assist you where to donate in your area. Thanks for thinking of others. Take care. GutlessWonderwoman :)

My ostomy nurse accepts donations to give to other patients she has with no insurance. You could ask your ostomy nurse as well.

Complete thread hijack, but i've got the following free to a good home;

* 3/4 box of Dansac nova 1 easifold bags (15-60mm)
* 3/4 box of Dansac novalife midi open bags (10-55mm)
* 3/4 box of Salts Confidence Comfort bags (13-65mm)
* 5 Adapt convex barrier rings
* Bag full of various Colopast accessories (skin barrier cream, barrier rings, etc)

Due to needing Convex bags none of the above are of any use to me, so would happily meet someone in the North-West of England to pass them on to anyone who can make use of them.

If there are no takers i'll drop them off with my stoma nurse.

Terriernut

Def give your stoma nurse a ring with those supplies. They can give you advice as to which charities in the UK send them to those in need elsewhere.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I will check in with my ostomy nurse and then CCF to figure out the best way to get these supplies to someone who needs them :)