Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Diet/Cooking for Kids with IBD » What are you feeding your kids for low residue diet?

03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Mom2oneboy

What are you feeding your kids for low residue diet?

S is on a low residue diet and I am really struggling with what to feed him. He's mostly eating baked chicken and rice. I worry about feeding him too much bread. Any ideas for me?

Thanks,
Shelley
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Astra

My Support Groups:
I love mashed potatoes with butter and milk on a low res diet!
and scrambled eggs too!

here's some more info
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...ons/000200.htm

xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

03-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Twiggy930
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My son did well with peanut butter (smooth) sandwiches on white bread, scrambled eggs, yogurt, pancakes, french toast (really with lots of egg), and applesauce.

Also taking: TuZen probiotic and following a low FODMAP diet (not very strictly).

Past Treatments: Prednisone, Flagyl, Cipro, Pentasa, exclusive EN via NG tube (6 weeks), Prevacid, Iberogast (20 drops twice a day) and high doses of vitamin B2.
03-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Bubbly

My son also on low residue diet, and it is a struggle! He eats pasta, which bread, rice, cold chicken slice, mince and meatballs he can digest well, however cant eat roast chicken for some reason makes him sick! Slow cooked chicken, small pieces he can manage and fish, fish fingers he can also manage, yogurts also. It is hard trying to come up with new things, especially when then find things that dont make them sick, reluctant to try anything new in case he has a reaction!

Good luck x
03-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
When Stephen reintroduced foods, at the beginning I made him broth with both rice and small bits of boiled potato (sometimes small pieces of chicken), also quesadillas - two white tortillas with a bit of low fat cheese (Laughing Cow low fat cream cheese) and shredded chicken between the tortillas and then grilled. And he dipped it in strained salsa (pretty much tomato juice )

Treatment:
May-July 2011 - 6 wks Exclusive EN via NG tube - 2000 ml/night, 1 wk IV Flagyl
July 2011-July 2013 - Supplemental EN via NG, 1000 ml/night, 5 nites/wk, Nexium, 40 mg
Feb. 2013-present - Remicade, 5 mg/kg every 6 wks
Supplements: 1-2 Boost shakes, D3 - 2000 IUs, Krill Oil

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Diet/Cooking for Kids with IBD » What are you feeding your kids for low residue diet?