• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are you feeding your kids for low residue diet?

S is on a low residue diet and I am really struggling with what to feed him. He's mostly eating baked chicken and rice. I worry about feeding him too much bread. Any ideas for me?

Thanks,
Shelley

My son did well with peanut butter (smooth) sandwiches on white bread, scrambled eggs, yogurt, pancakes, french toast (really with lots of egg), and applesauce.

My son also on low residue diet, and it is a struggle! He eats pasta, which bread, rice, cold chicken slice, mince and meatballs he can digest well, however cant eat roast chicken for some reason makes him sick! Slow cooked chicken, small pieces he can manage and fish, fish fingers he can also manage, yogurts also. It is hard trying to come up with new things, especially when then find things that dont make them sick, reluctant to try anything new in case he has a reaction!

Good luck x

Tesscorm

Staff member
When Stephen reintroduced foods, at the beginning I made him broth with both rice and small bits of boiled potato (sometimes small pieces of chicken), also quesadillas - two white tortillas with a bit of low fat cheese (Laughing Cow low fat cream cheese) and shredded chicken between the tortillas and then grilled. And he dipped it in strained salsa (pretty much tomato juice :) )