• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thank you for the Forum

I found this site last week and want to thank all of you for your candor, wisdom, coping strategies and everything else you have been so willing to share. A quick synopsis of my Crohns since diagnosis in 2009.

No real problems except diarrhea and an occasional flare which would consist of cramping and vomiting but typically would only last about a day and then I would just drink liquids for about 2 days and then introduce easy to digest foods until I was back to a normal diet. I was not on any meds, my choice because I thought I knew better than the doctors. I really did not believe I had Crohns and thought I could control this by what I ate, because that I what I had always done and my symptoms were not something I could not manage or deal with.

In Feb. 2011, I had a flare I could not manage, I had to admit I was wrong about everything. I became a believer, yes I have Crohns, I could not control it and yes maybe the doctors did know something. I started Asacol and Endocort (am not sure of the name). Life went back to normal:ysmile: In March, I developed a bladder fistula the first of many anal abcesses:ywow: and started Remicade. In a follow up CT Scan in Dec. 2012 to see if the fistula closed, the found the Crohns was no longer severe but only mild inflammation and they could not see the fistula:ysmile: but a cystic nodule seen in first scan had doubled in size :ywow:and now they are trying to figure out what it is, but the Crohns strictures as made it difficult to get to the place to examine this nodule. In a few weeks they are doing a octreotide scan as the next step in the diagnosis.

I have been humbled by Crohns.

rygon

welcome to the forum. Glad we have been of some help.

Ive heard of people controlling the disease with diet but its pretty hardto do, especially by yourself.

Glad you are getting better using drugs (im on remicade myself).Hope the scan goes well for you

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :bigwave: I am pleased that you have already found the information and support here helpful. Diet is definetly tricky when it comes to crohns especially with the conflicting opinions of the docs who do/do not believe that it can help, it does of course always depend on the individual and how their crohns 'behaves'. It is good to hear that Remi is helping and I hope the scan goes alright. Pls keep us updated on how you get on.

xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Mozart and welcome :)

IBD is certainly a humbling disease. :( I'm glad to hear the Remicade has worked so well for you, that's wonderful. The nodule situation is no doubt a bit scary and my fingers are crossed for you.

We're here for you anytime. Please lean on us anytime you need anything.