Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Alok Gupta of Williamsville, New York

Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM
NameDr. Alok D Gupta
Address9 Limestone Dr
 Williamsville, New York, 14221
 United States
Websitehttp://www.buffalomedicalgroup.com/staff/guptaAlok.html
Phone716-631-2517
BioDr. Alok D. Gupta joined Buffalo Medical Group, PC on July 1, 2010, after completing fellowship training in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (UB) and affiliated hospitals.

Board certified in Internal Medicine, Dr. Gupta was an attending physician in the Department of General Internal Medicine at Buffalo General Hospital from 1998 until 2007.

He earned his medical degree at JL Nehru Medical College in India and completed his Internal Medicine residency at UB. He was elected to serve as Chief Resident at Erie County Medical Center (ECMC), and finished his residency at the top of his class. In addition, he received the Dr. Norman Chassin Award for Excellent Knowledge and Exemplary Clinical Skills.

Previously, Dr. Gupta had trained in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology in England and was awarded Membership in the Royal College of Physicians.

In addition to his Internal Medicine board certification, he is also a member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK; a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, and an associate member of the American Society of Internal Medicine. While serving on the Medical Staff at Buffalo General, Dr. Gupta also was a clinical assistant professor of medicine at UB.

He has authored or co-authored articles for various medical journals and publications, and served as a co-investigator for several clinical studies.

He is proficient in all diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic gastrointestinal procedures. His hospital affiliations include Buffalo General, Kenmore Mercy and DeGraff Memorial.
 View Directory Entry
03-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

Dr Gupta was the first dr to actually listen to me. He didn't look at me and see someone who just needed to lose weight, he saw someone whose life was being made miserable by their symptoms. He did several tests, including blood tests, stool tests, endoscopy, and colonoscopy. After all that he diagnosed me with microscopic colitis. After 15 years of not being listened to, being told to lose weight, being told to eat better and excersice more, someone finally figured out that there was really something wrong with me. I've seen both Dr Gupta and his physicians assistant whose name I can't remember right now, and they are both excellent. If you are looking for great bedside manner, then Dr Gupta may not be the doctor for you, however this is really the only area I felt I could not rate 5 stars. He doesn't sit and talk a lot, he gets straight to the point and does what needs to be done. He does listen, however he doesn't spend a lot of time talking. Overall he and his physicians assistant have been wonderful.

Rating:
3 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Alok Gupta of Williamsville, New York