• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Are your extraintestinal manifestations primarily on one side of your body?

Is one side of your body more affected than the other?

• Yes, my left side

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Yes, my right side

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Both sides are equally affected :(

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

David

Co-Founder
For those of you who have extraintestinal manifestations, I'm curious if they happen more often on one side of the body. For example, if you have eye issues, is just one eye a problem? If you have skin problems, is one side more affected? If you get mouth ulcers, are they primarily on one side of the mouth?

Thanks!

David

Co-Founder
My right side is definitely more affected than my left. My right eye is forever giving me problems, my costochondritis is worse on the right side of my chest by far, and I get back pain and tension much more often on my right side.

I've developed psoriasis on both legs and feet. It's weird, cos the patches are like mirror images. Joint pain, there's no pattern: it wanders about all over the place and is sometimes mirrored and sometimes not.