• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Never felt better except for.....................

Quick update feeling great in fact haven't been as well In years! That is except for my badly behaved stoma that never rests! And as a result I have no quality of life and need a magnesium infusion every 3-4 days ,so personally I'd rather have a sore arse which I put up with for 20yrs. Anyway enough of my moaning hope everyone well.

Hiya Bigtruck,

I am not sure how long u have had your stoma, but it can take a while to settle. I am 10 months on and can sleep a full night now!! Never would have believed it. The small bowel usually adapts and begins to absorb more water -so the output slows and thickens.

I hope you start to improve soon and can enjoy feeling well.

Kaz xxx

Terriernut

I never thought I'd say this, but here it goes. Fiber, you need more fiber. The psyllum husks that Dusty raves about perhaps?

Dont get me wrong, I cant finish eating without Stan making an 'appearance' and he certainly LOVES the limelight. But after 3 months, which is what I count it Big Truck, you should be slowing down with output a bit. (eating in front of others can be a big no no for me, Stan gets entirely too cheeky! Do you have this or is it no matter what/when?)

Did the Drs say you should've slowed down a bit by now too? What are they going to do about it? Dont just suffer with it. Go whoop some butt. And you cant want a sore butt, can you remember 30+ times in the loo and all through the night? I do.

Have to see them on thurs to see what they suggest I never had much problems running to the loo I only had a sore but because of fistulas etc down bellow. Dirty Harry runs at full revs no matter what you eat or drink or how much immodium you take.

Hi kaz I have a colostomy as apposed to an ileo so he should really be behaving a bit better as I have no active disease and still have most of my small bowel and all of my large. Cheers Ryan

And I really need him settled cos it's time I was back on the road my feet are getting itchy! I was offered a run to holland this week but had to turn it down or the wife would've divorced me! Maybe I should have taken it lol.

Terriernut

Have to see them on thurs to see what they suggest I never had much problems running to the loo I only had a sore but because of fistulas etc down bellow. Dirty Harry runs at full revs no matter what you eat or drink or how much immodium you take.
Always D? All the time? Or just output regularly? How about WHAT comes out? Can you see the food, is it processed or not? Colour? What colour is it it, meaning are you seeing alot of yellow or any other colour? Any blood? Mucus? These are things to think about because the Dr should ask these very same things.

Also, are you still keeping a food and drink diary?

Always loose light brown(as its passing too quickly) sometimes water no blood or mucus really just like what would come out of an ileo only more of a bowel smell of it.

Sorry to hear that.

Immodium on its own doesn't seem to help me much. I have to take codeine as well. It really does slow down the output. However, codeine can be addictive and obviously one has to speak to their doctor to see if using it is an option. It might be worth looking into.

All the best.

Try having a CALPROTECTIN test done on your stoma output. Its done at King's College and many hospitals. That would show whether there is any active inflammation that could explain what you are experiencing, even though on scanning you may see nothing.

Also, try cooking rice very well and thick, then blending it. See if that slows you down at all.