• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Saved by Tegaderm!

Terriernut

Had a nasty one yesterday. Blowout to the left center of the appliance. At work! Saved by tegaderm! Couldnt change, too public! Patched it with tegaderm and it lasted for the hour I needed.

I only have the little patches of Tegaderm that I got off of Amazon, so not the proper rolls of tape. But it was enough to save the day!!!!

Whoever invented Tegaderm, may I thank you!!!!!!!
:eek:

I've been meaning to buy some of that stuff to try it out! Someone on here pointed me to somewhere I could buy the rolls cheap but can't find the link now, glad it worked for you! I currently use something called mefix which comes in a roll and is quite handy but its not waterproof

Yey!!!! TOUCH WOOD, I've only had small minor leaks at home recently.

Oh by the way, did you see Embarrassing bodies last night? There was a girl on there who had UC and had similar stomach problems to you but lots worse. Her stomach looks amazing now!

Terriernut

I would LOVE to find the rolls of Tegaderm but havent found them in the UK. The little patches I got off of Amazon.co.uk did the trick for me. I patch on the top of the appliance regardless with Tegaderm, as that is where I have the most problems.

Bear in mind I have a parastomal hernia from hell..Ollie (again) and I need all the help I can get. Tegaderm is WONDERFUL!!!

I am beginning to patch all over the appliance now with my issues with Ollie. I think they will have to either have to reverse or move Stan.

KWalker

Tegaderm works amazing! I had more rolls then I knew what to do with it when I first had my abscess and I threw it away because I didn't know what to do with it.

KWalker

yeah I thought about that. I would have gladly sent them to somebody but I figure with the location of the majority of people on here it would probably be cheaper just to buy them

Sorry to butt (hee hee) in on your conversation guys, but I saw embarrassing bodies, they did a great job on her stomach. Not sure if I could have put myself through that op though.
Am I unusual because my scar has completely gone - not a sign of it.
Btw - if I can just have a moan - my op has been cancelled for the 3rd time. Arrgh .....

Kaz xxx

Terriernut

Which episode is this? I tried searching abdominal (ewww) and I tried UC.

I'm so sorry your OP has been cancelled again Kaz!!!! :ybatty:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I love Tegaderm! It's one of my favourite dressing products, sooooooo versatile! Just sayin' :lol:

Dusty. xxx

Terriernut

Thanks Michelle! I wonder why the search didnt work?

By the way, I have an appt with a surgeon on the 12th of April. To look at my tummy. I dont know if they can do anything for me. But maybe liposuction will help? And then I want referred back to Miss Obichere for further hernia repair, or reversal, or whatever they can do. (I'm thinking the plastic surgeon will have to consult with Miss Obichere with a huge hernia there.)

Ollie the parastomal hernia is now even much bigger than he was before. I truly do look like I'm having twins, and can no longer wear anything but maternity wear. Which looks a bit odd on a 50 year old!

Oh no:( I hope you get it sorted! You should see how they fixed that women's surgery too. She had a hernia but I couldn't see it personally. Where you having the op?

Kaz- how annoying!! Hope you get to have it soon!

Invacare makes fairly large sheets of the same material. I got it when I was taking care of my Mom - she was bedridden for a long time. It's Invacare transparent film dressing. If I recall correctly, it was less expensive than Tegaderm.

I hope that you can get that straightened out soon!! I was thinking april 12 seems so far away... but duh... April is here next week!! Crazy. I really hope they can figure it out for you and fix it. I can only imagine how annoying that must be :(