• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I'm Linsey

I'm Linsey, I'm 23years old and I live in Belgium.

First of all I like to say that English isn't my native language so if I might say someting that might upset you, please tell me and I'll try to explain again and I'll excuse me to you.

When I was 18 I got diagnosed with Crohn. I got in the hospital the first time in January 2009 for 2 weeks, my dokter put me on imuran 150mg and cortisone,

for about two monds it got pretty good I still had pain some of the time but I did feel better. But I found out I got terrible headaches from imuran (I couldn't proof it so my doktor ignored it)

In april 2009 I got rushed back to the hospital because my infection parameters reaced critical. I spend 3 weeks in the hospital, send back home. Felt really good the monds after didn't have pain, I still had a headache from immuran but still I got ignored by my doktor.

After a couple of monds in august 2009 the same thing happend, in december I got my 4th flare-up. By that time most of my „friends„ abandoned me so I got pretty depressed. So the day after I got fired out of the hospital I really did feel bad, I refused to take my meds and didn't keep my diet. I must admit I was planning on dieing.

Now we are 2012 I didn't got another flair-up in about 4 years. I still don't take my perscribed medicin and got a lott of trouble with my doctors for it. Instaid I take in triple doses of vitamines, magnesium and iron, and get shots of vitamin B12 every 3 monds. But I feel pretty okay.

I can't say I'm not in pain or disconfort but I do have a pretty normal life to be honest. I'm living the life I think I should, I have a great job, friends and pets and I'm happy, and thats the way it should be, I think.

I made in the time I have Crohn 2 other friends with flare ups on regular base and they are helping me with the resurch I'm doing, and I hope any university will listen if I'm done with it. But I'm afraid they won't.

People please don't try this on your own, I don't want any of you to get sick/flair-ups because I'm experimenting.

Sorry its such a long text...
friendly greets
Linsey

Last edited:
Linsey- I am glad you found this forum. No matter where you are from "we" all speak the same language that not many people understand!! Abdominal cramping, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting etc, etc. You will find many friends here and alot of useful info and a few laughs too!

Hope you find this forum helps you !!
Lauren

Angrybird

Hello Linsey and :welcome: to the forum. Please do have a good look around the forum for information about diet and meds that may be able to help. I hope that there will be something here that can point you in the right direction to getting pain free - for me being absent of all symptoms is what remission means so I really hope you can get there - even if it means trying a different med.

Wishing you well hun

AB
XX

sawdust

Welcome Linsey! Don't worry about your English. It is very good. I hope you find this forum to be as helpful as I have. There are lots of great people here who can truly understand you for all you've been through. Sometimes, it's just nice to be understood. I particularly like this forum for its patient focus. Many of the things you can find about Crohns are very clinical, research-oriented, or from a doctor's treatment perspective. That's all helpful, but sometimes, I just like hearing from other patients. Again, welcome, and I'd like to hear about your research. Sounds interesting! :)