• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I was misdiagnosed for over 10 years!

R

Racer X

Hello all!

I will do my best to make my introduction short and sweet.

I went misdiagnosed for over 10 years. I no longer follow my doctor like a sheep! I work with my NEW doctor. And I am not afraid to question him or to go for a second opinion!

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with Chrohn's Disease. Since being diagnosed I have done a lot of research. I was disturb to find out that there is no cure for IBD and that 75% of patients under doctors care have to get sections of bowel removed. I also found out that this seems to be a disease triggered by the new modern diet of processed foods. The last sad fact that I found was that there is no cookie cutter cure, each of us has to experiment to find out what triggers our symptoms.

hi there Racer, & welcome :)

it seems crazy that in this day & age, there are still people like yourself waiting so long - too long!! - for a diagnosis of Crohns.

main thing is though, you now know what the problem is, and can, with time and information, learn how best to cope with it. don't be too disturbed by the surgery issue, not every Crohns patient ends up having to have surgical intervention. and similarly with the triggers, everyone's different. there are some common triggers which would upset most of us, but many more which are personal to each sufferer. having Crohns is a learning curve, for sure.

glad you joined us!

I

Isla

Welcome, and I am glad you found a doctor who is willing to work and fight for your health! I have a fantastic doctor and it has made all the difference in the world.

E

ericajones80

welcome...im glad you've gotten the right diagnosis

Welcome to forum. I'm glad that you have finally gotten a diagnosis. Now at least you know what you are fighting.