• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Howdy

Howdy everyone,

I'm new to the forums and just thought I'd introduce myself. Right now, I'm a graduate student at Florida State. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in January 2012 after months of unexplained GI issues. Although my dad has UC, I was caught off guard by my Crohn's issues because I had always been healthy growing up.

I'm still working with my doc to get a flare under control that has been ongoing since July 2011. The 5-ASA meds have not given me any relief, so my doc is putting me on Humira. Lately, I've just been really frustrated with my health (or lack thereof) situation. I'm scheduled to defend my thesis and receive my Master's degree this summer, so I've got a lot of work to do in the coming months. Too bad Crohn's doesn't care hah

Anyway, I was glad to find this forum, and I really think it will be helpful for me to learn from others how to cope and manage my life with Crohns. I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Chrismac

Best of British
Hi there,

Welcome to the forums, I can guarantee you will find it a help. It's been an invaluable support to me.

I hope you manage to get the flare under control soon so you can focus fully on Uni, I'm sorry it's been going on so long. Remember, we're here if you need to vent!

Chris

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and a hearty welcome to you fellow Floridian. It's been wicked hot on this side of the state, how about over there?

In case you haven't seen it, we have a forum dedicated to Humira if you want to interact with others who are on it.

What symptoms do you currently have?

I'm glad you found your way here. We're here to help anytime :)

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :bigwave: Definetly check out the above mentioned forum to get info about this med, hopefully this will do the job and get you feeling better!

Wishing you lots of luck with both the Humira and your Uni work/degree, do keep us updated on how you are doing.

AB
xx

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check out the Humira board since I start taking it this week.

David: Yes, it's been quite warm up here the past few days. We hit 92 a couple days ago. I'm a meteorology grad student, so I've been keeping up with these warm temps all over. Here's hoping for some relief this summer!