• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Re:- update from last post

Re:- update from last post

Hi everybody. Last time I was on here I was suffering from real bad constipation when all I have ever known is severe diarrhoea for approx 8 years. Well after you advised me to go to the doctors for advice he diagnosed me with a big fissure and gave me cream which burns like hell!!!! Constipation seems to have subsided and I'm starting to feel much better. I went for an u/s a couple of weeks ago and the guy who performed it was horrible. He basically said he couldn't understand why I was in pain as he couldn't see anything, yet just had a letter through the door saying my scan confirms thickening in the ileum in keeping with Crohns!! Er.. maybe that's why I'm in pain pal!!! So going back in May to see the GI. Thanks everyone for being so kind on here, I feel like it's nice to know other people can sympathize with you!

Dx Crohns July 2011
Predisolone, Pentasa, Loperamide, Calcichew, Multi vit
Mercaptupurine
Currently on nothing ! Yay me!! :D

Can I suggest you begin taking a good probiotic? I am taking Natren's Healthy Trinity, but there is also a cheaper brand that contains the same strains of good bacteria, The Jarrow Formulas, Jarro-Dophilus EPS, 5 Billion Organisms per Capsule, 120 Veggie Caps is very good and more affordable. This one is “Room Temperature Stable”, requires no refrigeration. My doc recommended that as well. She said that you can increse up to 5-6 day when it is bad. I found great relief doing so. She told me that when you get overrun with bad bacteria, no matter what you do will only bandaid it until you get some good bacteria in there to help balance you. I have also found Bikram yoga to help (at least some of the poses, if I can't do a class) and belly rubs/treadmill walking. Basically keeping the blood flowing to help the body heal. Eliminate carbonation, sugars, etc. to help reduce inflammation as well. May have to be long term avoidance of some foods in order to avoid a reaction, if that is what is happening to you. Keep searching and take baby steps! feel better!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for the update catpee! Glad something positive came from going to the doctor.

I hope you are able to function well until May. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns!

Angrybird

Thanks for the update hun, I am glad that you are feeling a bit better and hope that the appt in May yealds some good info and a working treat plan for you.

AB
xx